#512 Feathered Friends at Allsorts challenge


This week at Allsorts challenge Ellie has chosen the theme of Feathered Friends. I was recently lucky enough to win a set of Hobbyart stamps from one of the Papercraft magazines and these stamps are in the set. 

I first stamped the owl and embossed in black powder. Then masking the owl I used the fern stamps and heat embossed with clear powder to form a resist. Then I inked over them to create a background using Crafters companion inks in three shades of green. I used a paintbrush to faux bleach over the design. 

I coloured the owl and branch with water and distress inks. The base card I randomly stamped with the ferns. I also made this bookmark to complement the card and for the greeting. I didn't put a greeting on the front of the card in case the recipient wants to frame it.


The winner this week drawn by random generator will receive this lovely stamp.

Comments

Wendy L said…
Your card and bookmark are so unique And a great gift too, xxx
Mervi said…
Fabulous card, lovely owl.
Happy weekend;-))m
Sally H said…
Absolutely gorgeous, Lynn! The little owl is one of my favourites from Hobby art. So beautiful!
He's an absolute beauty Lynn, and very majestic too. I love everything about this card. Great stamping and a great background, just fabulous x
Ellibelle said…
Really beautiful Lynn, and how lucky of you to win this set! And what a great sentiment you used on that bookmark!
brenda said…
He's a really magnificent Owl Lynn and what a lucky win as well.

Saw your comment on Ellies blog about Bristol Vellum, I bought a pack after she recommended it a couple of years ago and it's been my go to cardstock for stamping, inking and most things ever since. There are a few types so yell if you are interested and the best retailer in the UK.

B x
Kathleen said…
What a fabulous image, my Son-in-Law would love this, he loves owls, a really super background too.
A fabulous creation.

Kath x