#513 Use Yellow at Allsorts challenge


It's my turn to host the Allsorts challenge this week and I've chosen the them of "use yellow". This was as much a challenge to myself as I don't use yellow very often. So I surprised myself by making two cards I really like!

I used an Altenew watercolour cover die in black gloss card for the first card. The flowers and leaves are from a die set by Julie Ebersole for Ellen Hutson. I cut them from two shades of yellow and layer up. I did the same with the leaves using a polka dot green card too. The sentiment die is cut from white gloss card. Finally I added a few sequins.

Then I had some flowers and leaves left over. I cut the watercolour die again this time from black card and cut away about a third of it. The sentiment is from papersmooches.


Our winner this week (drawn by random generator) will receive this lovely stencil and cute stamps.


Comments

Mervi said…
Striking design, beautiful card;-))m
brenda said…
I would never know you struggle with yellow Lynn as both of these are so pretty, a theme I've enjoyed as well, thank you.

B x
Ellibelle said…
Really beautiful, Lynn! Black and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations! I really enjoyed this challenge!
Wendy L said…
Lovely card Lin, very striking, xxxx
Kathleen said…
Love the dramatic black and white background and the die look really great against them.

Kath x
Sarn said…

Two very striking and pretty cards. Haven't heard Julie Ebersole's name in a long time . . . Used to regularly visit her blog, thanks the reminder!

Hugs, Sarn xxx
Mac Mable said…
Love the vibrancy of the two cards. Fabulous colour combination, great design and very eye catching x.
Pink Panoply said…
Lynn, these cards are absolutely gorgeous. I love the bright yellow contrast with the black and white. xo Nancy