Watercolour on vellum


After seeing the challenge of watercolour on vellum on CAS Watercolour Card challenge I decided to give it a go - I wasn't looking forward to it and then I did three cards!

I also thought they looked like stained glass and fitted the challenge at CAS Mix Up Card challenge I added stamping and watercolouring.


I heat embossed the Winnie and Walter stamp onto the vellum as I thought that might give it a little more strength not to buckle. I taped it down to watercolour with distress inks. I used picked raspberry, wilted violet and mermaid lagoon. The colours didn't really pop on their own, so then I mixed them up a little to give some depth.

I cut a mount and stamped the sentiments from a W& W set then placed the vellum behind each one.

I'm also entering these cards into the Winnie and Walter 5th birthday bash challenge for a set of at least 3 cards.

Comments

Viv said…
These are terrific Lynn!
Liz said…
Super cards, Lynn. I love the vibrant vellum panels. xx
These are absolutely stunning! You certainly mastered this technique and I'm really happy you gave it a go:) Thanks for joining the fun at the CAS Watercolour Challenge..
Bonnie said…
These are beautiful, Linby! I love the stamped design and the vivid watercolors! A fantastic threefer! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up!
Jane Willis said…
These are stunning. I really admire the way you've got the colours so vibrant, I always struggle to get colour to show up well on vellum
amazing colors you achieved. Didn't think that was possible on vellum!
Your colouring just bring the colours alive, gorgeous cards Lynn.
Faith
x
Mac Mable said…
Wow...such a stunning effect, so unique and eye catching. The colours are glorious and the stained glass effect looks fabulous. Thank you for adding your wonderful cards to The CAS Mix Up Gallery x.
Aileen said…
truly beautiful set of cards. Love them.
Loll said…
Three gorgeous cards Linby!! They really do look like stained glass! Thanks for sharing your trio of beautiful cards with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!
Susan Joyce said…
Love the watercolouring on Vellum, three wonderful cards that do resemble stained glass. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up.
Cathy said…
Gorgeous cards, Cathy x
Robyn Oliver said…
Beautiful cards Linby, love the bright colours