#524 Travel at Allsorts challenge


It's my turn to host the challenge at Allsorts this week. I've chosen the theme of Travel.

This was a card that a friend asked me to make for her Grand daughter as she was taking her to NY for her birthday she wanted a themed card. I couldn't share it at the time as it was for her birthday but I enjoyed making it so much it inspired my theme this week.

The background paper is from a magazine download. I then paper pieced a Julie Nutting doll with a shopping bag from another JN set. I added a tonic die cut of the Statue of Liberty which I embossed with verdigris embossing powder. I also added a xoxo die cut from mirri card.

Finishing touch was some doodles around the edge of the card with a fine liner with a few tiny stars.

Continuing my theme of travel, we had a lovely weekend in London last week. One of the places we went was the Sky Garden - well worth a visit for the fantastic views, but you do have to be quick to get the tickets in advance.







Our sponsor this week is Swedish House Crafts who are donating a £10 voucher and Surprise gift.


"My name is Suha and I have created Swedish House Crafts in the second part of 2016. It is a little Swedish online shop with lots of enthusiasm for crafting in a different style, dare to be different. Visit SHC and learn more. I have been professionally crafting since 2008, I gave colouring classes (with Promarkers) in Sweden, had exhibition in 2014, and used to make cards and mixed media mainly. I have a master degree in digital and visual design. Yes, 100% of graphics in the shop are my artwork including the logotype. Because I am not leaving my education, I am using it in my passion for paper crafting in the first place. Great combination as the future is full of plans and surprises, hold on and follow SHC on Facebook and blog, you'll find SHC everywhere."

Thanks for looking and I hope to get around to see everyone's entries.

Comments

Wendy L said…
Super card and lovely pics of your visit, xxx
Ellibelle said…
Super card Lynn. Fantastic design with all the city elements. And what a nice birthday treat for your friend's granddaughter!
Your pictures look fantastic as well! What beautiful views!
brenda said…
It's a really great card for our theme Lynn and I bet the girl it was made for loved it. Pleased you had a good weekend in London, I always love going but am very pleased to get back to the countryside.

B x
Tracy said…
Fabulous creation Lynn, a really fun card.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Kathleen said…
Great theme and a really lovely card with some super images. Super photo's too.

Kath x
Mervi said…
Fabulous card and great pics;-))m
I'm sure the young lady was thrilled to bits with this Linby, what a wonderful card to open when traveling on her birthday. It's a SUPER card.
Faith x