Butterflies and bugs


The starting point for this card was the background which I printed from the Crafters Companion MJM Lilies and light cdrom. It was in black in white and I decided to colour with sparkle pens the areas outside of the focal point in the circle. I just added clear sparkle to the dragonfly wings and colour to the butterflies.

I used a geo embossing folder on black gloss card for the centre frame and then I cut the sentiment from another die which has a circular frame. Mounted onto black card.

Thanks for looking. I'm entering this into the CD Sunday challenge for anything goes as long as you used an element from a cdrom. Mine is the backing paper.

Comments

Jocelyn said…
A very pretty card. I love the soft colours of the butterflies.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
brenda said…
It's a very pretty creation Lynn and can imagine the sparkle.

B x
Viv said…
A real pretty card Lynn!
Carol said…
A dramatic card Lyn. The CD is a new one to me - but I can't buy them all.
Thank you for joining in.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT
Wynn said…
Simple but effective Lynn. Very pretty Designer paper. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday WynnDT
Great ideas here and a lovely result.
Faith x
Jane Willis said…
You had me at the backing paper, you know what I'm like for anything with a dragonfly on it! It's gorgeous, and what a great idea to colour outside the frame. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing at CD Sundays.
Pamela said…
Good idea to colour in some of the backing paper. I've sometimes done that. I think I have that geo embossing folder!
Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT