Twofer card challenge #18 - garden


The new Twofer challenge is for "garden". I haven't used this Clearly Besotted stamp and die set for ages, so I thought it would be perfect to give it an airing for this challenge. I think the last time I used it I didn't have my MISTI - so much simpler to do repeat stamping and get different colours of ink on the images by using it.

My first card using the stamps - I just love the sentiment that comes with the set.


For my second card I used a leaf embossing folder and then lightly sanded it. Some gingham card for matting and then the same stamps/dies with the addition of some carrots this time.


I haven't got any garden photos to share, however I do have a few from our visit to Emmerdale Studios the other week. (for those outside the UK it is a soap on TV).

Bernice's Beauty Salon

Coffee anyone?

Camera tricks for outside shots

Model village


We also had time to pop into Leeds City Centre and see some of the beautiful arcades...

and the modern Trinity shopping centre - love how they did the roof like this.

Comments

Darnell said…
What a wonderful visit you had to Leeds, Lynn! I love the photos you shared, especially those glass roof pictures! And I love your clever veggie garden cards for Twofer! They really are adorable little veggies, watering can, and shovel! That punny sediment is great and I'm amazed by the circle embossing on the birthday card ~ that really does look like a leaf closeup! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell
brenda said…
Great card for the gardeners Lynn, nice fresh greens as well. Looks like a great visit.

B x
Happy Dance said…
Sure looks like you had a wonderful time in Leeds visiting Emmerdale Studios, and that Arcade looks positively like someplace I NEED to visit! It would fun to work on a TV production, wouldn't it?! Now about your cards...Delightful! The sentiment brought back a memory of a joke I heard many, many years ago - "What's in a honeymoon salad? Lettuce alone with no dressing." A bit naughty, I admit, but still worth a chuckle. LOVE how you've used these stamps. Those veggies on both cards are sweet, and I do love the polka dots. Such a cute little watering can, too. Great designs for both cards, Linby. So happy you joined us at the Twofer Challenge. : ) Bev
Marina said…
I love these cards - I love that you used vegetables rather than the (somewhat easier) flowers for your twofer - these show how creative you are and how you rise to a theme challenge.

Nice Leeds photo - I think I only ever went there once , to a nightclub as a teenager ..a while back now!