Weeks #534/535 at Allsorts challenge - Feminine


It's time for the new challenge at Allsorts challenge blog today and it's my turn to chose the theme. So I have gone with a favourite of mine "feminine". The challenge will run for two weeks due to the summer holidays so everyone has time to enter.

For my DT make I chose to make a little journal. I have so many sewing inspired items and lots of them are embossing folders. I used the Faux leather technique, which if you search for Faux leather You tube you will find lots of videos on how to do it.

Basically it is kraft card soaked in a mixture of water and glycerine and then dried and embossed. Then wipe over with distress inks, I chose to use browns and blues. Then spray with a clear varnish.


The photo above shows the back of the journal. Below is the inside. I glued some sewing themed fabric to the inside cover. 

Then stitched the paper inside with the sewing machine. The finishing touch and to keep it closed is the button attached to some elastic thread.


I'm also entering this journal into the Time Out challenges blog where the theme is Fashionable.

I've been saving the photos from my trip to the Dior exhibition at the V&A for this post as I thought it would be the most fitting to combine it with. 





All I can say about it is that it was magical. I felt like a little girl at Christmas when I saw all the miniature Dior gowns (see one below with the full size version)  and then the final room - I thought I had died and gone to heaven! A laser light show made the setting of the gowns go from evening through the day, including a painted ceiling. It was just amazing.



Thanks for sticking with it if you made it to the end of this post! Hope to see you over at the challenge.

Comments

A fabulous journal cover Lynn and I can see how all the costumes must have inspired you. Happy crafting x
brenda said…
Oooh Lynn, you went to the Dior exhibition, one of mt DIL's and myself talked about it but the dates didn't gel well her work commitments. But what better what better way to gain inspiration for your journal which is a delight, love the use of colour and tactile as well.

Great theme thank you.

B x
Wendy L said…
Your pics look AMAZING Lynn.
Journal looks fab too and I still want to try this technique using glycerine, xxx
Kathleen said…
Two really lovely journal pages, super colour combination and some really fabulous photo's.

Kath x
Darnell said…
That's a really cool fashion journal, Lynn! I love the way the cover looks like its made from leather! (If it's allowed for you to enter other challenges, you should play in the TIME OUT challenge where the prompt is Fashionable! It's open until the 28th. http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/08/challenge-142.html.)

Thank you for including the amazing photos from the Dior exhibition! I would have stood at each one a long time soaking up all the details! Your pictures are the next best thing!! Hugs, Darnell
Ellibelle said…
Such beautifully done pages Lynn. Great details and colors. And those dresses - simply stunning! What an amazing event to attend!
Mervi said…
Gorgeous card and theme Lynn;-))m
What a fabulous Feminine and Fashionable creation. I love all of the color and texture and vintage sewing elements. Absolutely perfect for our challenge at Time Out. Thank so much for sharing this awesome project and playing with us!
Lynn said…
Wow! Love, love, love your post and how you were inspired! Amazing card!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!