The Art of Stripes



I was having a look through some of Craft Artist items - since I don't use the software that often they get neglected. I found this image in the collection called "Mrs Smith". I simply put her on some striped background and then added a sentiment from the same collection.

I then used a new die I bought - not the one I wanted which was Candy Canes but it was out of stock and I thought this one would do! I tucked the image under the die cut and then added a little ribbon. Put together I thought it fitted the Library Challenge where you can pick a book from 2019 challenges. 

I've chosen this one which I never got to enter first time round.

The Art of Stripes: Over 30 ways to wear stripes: Amazon.co.uk: Hardie Grant, Libby VanderPloeg: 9781784881511: Books

Because I used digital images from Craft Artist, I am also entering into the CD Sunday plus challenge #26 Anything Goes.

Comments

Wynn said…
I love this Linby. Your card is a perfect compliment to the inspirational book cover. Pretty pinks . Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT
Marina said…
It's perfect for The challenge and I love the 1950s style and candy colours.Thanks for joining The Library
Carol said…
I love this card. So striking and I love the pinks. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT
I like the strips and your design with them, lovely image
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT
Jocelyn said…
I'm loving the stripes. It all works very well together. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
Jane Willis said…
Beautiful! I love the idea of tucking part of the image under the diecut stripes. Thank you for playing along at CD Sunday Plus.
Pamela said…
I too don't use my Craft Artist as much as I used to. I think die cutting has taken over! I love that stripy die cut, suits the image perfectly.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.