Twofer card challenge - hearts


Yay! I got around to making two cards for the Twofer challenge which this month is "hearts". You know I usually miss it because I keep forgetting it doesn't close right at the end of the month - note to self!

Anyway, I used this die set from Crafters Companion cut from mirri card. For the first card I cut a red border and then added an old SU sentiment embossed in red ink.


For my second card I used my newest die - been on my wish list for ages and so couldn't wait to use it. I felt it looked like an old fashioned frame and then I added the sentiment to make it look like a sampler. This is a new home card. 

 The background paper I wanted to look like wallpaper. Then I added the same dies as from the first card. This time cut from black gloss and red card stock.


Thanks for looking.

Comments

Jane Willis said…
I love them both, but especially the Home Sweet Home one with that gorgeous sampler!
Jane
Guest Designer at Twofer Card Challenge
These are so lovely Linby, Super use of the die on each beautiful card.
Faith x
Carol L said…
Loving the clever idea to use the heart and key for a home sweet home card! Great twofer with 2 great card themes!
Darnell said…
That's a new-to-me heart-shaped key and lock set and I love it! You've made two fabulous cards with them, Lynn! I love the CAS design of your first card of love, done in shiny gold, red, and white! And your second card looks just like a Home-Sweet-Home sampler should look! You made a great choice for that wallpaper!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer's 2nd Blogaversary challenge! Hugs, Darnell
Kara Lynne said…
Two wonderful cards, Linby! Your key fits both occasions perfectly. Beautiful CAS love card with your shiny red paired with white! I love your wallpaper and sampler that really reflects the feel of home! Thanks for joining in the fun with us for the Twofer Card Challenge's second blogaversary!
Anita in France said…
What a deliciously CAS love card, Lynn ... pops of colour ... a touch of shine ... and so much yummy white space! You've made your home card so welcoming and cosy with the cross stitch sentiment sampler, pretty wallpaper and glossy heart key! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)