Fruit - Twofer challenge


These are my cards for the current Twofer challenge where the theme is "fruit".



My first card is made using the lemon from a Stampin Up set. I used the misti to position them around the card. I then used some ribbon and sentiments from Crafters Companion (which I just love) and a Woodware CRM style stamp which I thought went with the typeface of the G&T stamp. Matted onto a little gingham yellow card stock.


For my second card I used the same lemon stamp but this time cut out the lemon itself, coloured, added the face/text by hand and then stamped again on the base card, sticking the lemons over the top. In real life they stand out a little more. To finish off I used two TH stamps from a magazine.


Comments

Jane Willis said…
That ribbon looks very familiar! Two super cards, and I love the lemon stamp and the way you've transformed it with the cute face on the second card.
Brilliant cards Linby, great sentiments too :)
Faith x
oldpunca said…
Amazing lemon twofer! :-) I like the sentiment on the first card. It's so funny! Your second card is a perfect CAS. I like the shape of the card.
Hugs, Sonja
What smile inducingly fantastic designs! :)

♥ Autumn
Anita in France said…
Hahaha ... such fun designs with brilliant sentiments, Lin ... fresh, zingy and zesty! Love that you gave the lemon on your second card some personality with the cute face! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)
Darnell said…
What fun ribbon, Linby! And what a beautiful profound sediment, lol! Amen, sister, even I do make mine wodka! What a great design to raise a glass of cheer in celebration of a birthday! And your second shaped card is both zesty and sweet! Love the little face and handwritten sediment!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell
Lisa Elton said…
Fun sentiments and terrific cards!
Kara Lynne said…
These are two fantastic cards, Linby! I love the sentiment on that birthday card, and how you positioned the lemons with the fab ribbon! So fun to see that lemon come to life with the face you gave it, and that's another great sentiment too! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!
Bunny said…
Love the sentiment on the one card. So funny. Really cute creations. [Bunny]