At my Grandfather's House week #132 at The Male Room Challenge


Our new challenge begins at The Male Room today. I know there are lots of concerns in the world right now - but I am continuing with challenges and hope you will too, or join in if you haven't before. Crafting can be so beneficial.


I took the challenge prompt a little literally as my starting point was the house die which came with the Paper Discovery Magazine kit. I cut the outline die in kraft to co-ordinate with the base card.

I took a piece of card and used distress oxide spray inks over it in pumice stone and peacock feathers. Then stamped the image which is a Tim Holtz inventor stamp. Just reminded me of an old house with a grandfather clock in it.

The tree die is also from the Paper discovery kit and the iron railing die is Memory Box. I added a sentiment from an old Uniko stamp set. Final touch was a little button with some twine.

What Grandfather's house means to you will be different for everyone and certainly younger people will not have in mind an old Victorian house I am sure. Hope to see you over at the challenge with your interpretation of the theme. 

Comments

brenda said…
It's a perfect masculine card Lynn and like how you used the house die to frame the focal element.

B x
Deborah Frings said…
I absolutely love your take on the challenge. I love the vintage image and the words you've used. Great work. x
KandA said…
Amazing design and a perfect masculine card xx
I think the clock and the house link is just so clever Lynn, a Beautiful and very masculine card, love the colours.
Faith x
Kathleen said…
A great card Lynn, lovely background and house die, like the use of the Cindy Lauper words from her song.
I think that I must have had a senior moment with PB cards, I did make the first card for the challenge and then posted on the blog but then I did the second one and totally forgot that it was a different one. Only Leanne and you have mentioned it, so I have just left it as it is.

I can not see why anyone should give up crafting, we are in our own little space and it does give us something to do while confined to barracks. Hope you keep well.

Kath x
Mac Mable said…
What a fabulous and creative masculine card. I love the starting point of the die cut house. Great colour combination and the stamp on the background looks great. Loving this x.