Spring Flowers at Penny Black & More - mid month reminder



I know there are lots of concerns in the world right now - but I am continuing with challenges and hope you will too, or join in if you haven't before. Crafting can be so beneficial.

So, today is the mid month reminder for our challenge at Penny Black & More. We want to see spring flowers please and as always there are super prizes on offer.

For my DT card I used the same set as my card for the start of the challenge PB 30-342 Love art. I wanted to see if I could do something with it that wasn't using the flowers in the traditional way. So this is what I came up with. 

I took a piece of card and used distress oxide spray inks for the background and also sponged over some DI inks. I then stamped just the daffodil head from the stamp set and added a tiny butterfly from
30-572 Tea Party. Then I used some water and kitchen towel to lift the ink from the stamped areas and coloured them with watercolours. 

The sentiment uses stamps from Penny Black set 30-103 wishes. I never used to get a good impression for the background of this stamp but since I have had a misti several repeat inkings give a nice black background. 

Last touch was to use a stencil with the same inks on the background card.



Comments

brenda said…
Daffodils and Butterflies make a great combination Lynn and give a great fresh feel.

B x
Leanne Harris said…
Beautiful daffodils Lynn, keep crafting and keep well xxxx
Ellibelle said…
So beautifully done, Lynn!
Kathleen said…
A great take on the theme and nothing speaks of Spring more than daffodils, cute butterflies too.

Kath x
Kathleen said…
Only the second person to niticethis and to be honest didn't; notice it myself, feel so stupid, my first card was a test, butdid prefer my second card, Hope all is well with you and yours,

Kath x
Anonymous said…
Oh, so perfectly spring! The yellow along with the daffodils is so cheery!
Tracy said…
Pretty spring creation Lynn
Happy crafting
Tracy x