Spring Flowers at Penny Black & More challenge


Our new challenge begins today at Penny Black & More and it's Spring flowers. Spring is my favourite time of year and I loved creating this card. I have some spring flowers waiting to go out but we have had such fierce winds in the UK that I have kept them inside for weeks as I fear they will be battered by the wind.

For my DT card I decided to use the Penny Black set 30-342 Love art. It has two iris stamps and a daffodil which I combined to look like a bunch of them growing together. I added the sentiment from PB 30-103 wishes.

I didn't use any black ink to stamp the flowers and coloured them with ink pads and a little water. I used a piece of 6x6 PB paper pad to mount and then used a piece of centura pearl with silver for the base. The corners I cut using a Martha Stewart punch that I thought deserved an airing! 

Final touch was the butterflies punched from the same background DP with another MS punch which does get used a lot. 

Thanks for looking and hope to see you over at the challenge.

Comments

Mervi said…
Love those flowers, gorgeous card;-))m
This is gorgeous Linby, love the no line effect, such pretty Spring card. Our Daffodils are taking all the wind and performing well in all these strong winds and deluges.
Faith x
Ellibelle said…
So beautiful, Lynn. Loving the stamps!
Kathleen said…
A really beautiful, delicate creation, now it is my turn, I haven't seen this image before, a really lovely Spring stamp.

Kath x
Liz said…
A really pretty card. xx
brenda said…
I loved this as soon as I saw it on the DT blog Lynn, the combination of colours just yells Spring.

B x
Leanne Harris said…
Gorgeous Spring flowers Lynn xxxxx
Tracy said…
Beautiful Lynn, I love your design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Crafting Queen said…
Great card, lovely colours.
Anonymous said…
A beautiful spring floral card, Lynn! I think the purple and yellow are perfect together!