Easter snippets and NBUS


I was lucky enough to get this die in the Sizzix sale - it comes with a hummingbird and butterfly too. I used snippets from my box to make the whole card. I'm entering this into the NBUS challenge as this is the first outing for all of the dies on this card. If you didn't know NBUS has it's own blog now - pop over and check it out.


Originally I was going to leave all the bunnies as open spaces, thinking I would need a lot more concentration than I currently possess to get all those pieces back in the die. I decided to cut some extras of the other dies to send with the card to my crafting friend. (which I promptly left out of the card I realised when I returned from the Post Box on an exercise walk). It was trying to cut more than one layer of card with one of the other dies that I realised it kept all the pieces in the die!

So, that's what I did for the centre bunny, I did put a lot of glue spread out on the back just in case some pieces did work loose. I used a CC die set for the letters and did them by eye. I know if Miss Di was doing this card she would have them measured with military precision! but not me! Finally a piece of ribbon I rescued from another make I made ages ago and was recycling.

With all this talk of snippets I guess you know this card is for the Snippet playground challenge.

Comments

Darnell said…
An excellent snippets make, Linby! I love how you left the center bunny intact and used just the outlines on the other two. (And actually they look nearly prezackly precisely lined up!) Pretty colors, letters, and upcycled ribbon! Take care, be safe, and thanks for sharing at NBUS!! Hugs, Darnell
KandA said…
Fabulous snippets card and such a super bunny die xx
Diane said…
Very fun and creative Easter design.

Hugs Diane
Di said…
Hi there Linby! So sorry I'm late hopping around - ha, ha! A super card and clever to have left two bunnies as outlines as you did. I did smile about the 'military precision' quip - basically I suffer from 'Cardmaker's OCD' :) Anyhow, the letters look great to me!

Hugs

Di xx
Susan Renshaw said…
I have some of those geometric dies yet to be used...