mid month reminder for Anything Goes at Penny Black & More challenge


As today is the day for my regular Allsorts post I have two posts today. This second one is a reminder of our challenge at Penny Black & More where this month it is Anything Goes.

I decided to do something a little bit different. I have a Journal set that was unused and I have joined an online monthly class with a prompt each month to create a journal page. So this is my journal cover. I first coated it with white gesso and then used 2695J dance sing love all over, then more gesso to knock it back. I used 40-099 soft wings to stamp in the middle. I then masked it off and used 40-601 flower pageant all over with black ink. In the original class it was butterflies all over and the tutor masked each one, but I decided I didn't have the patience or the stamps for that.

Then I used 2695J dance sing love stamped onto black card and embossed in white. Then I cut the words out separately and added to the cover. Finally I coloured the butterfly and then added some outlining to make it pop from the background.

Comments

Ellibelle said…
So beautiful, Lynn! Love the black and white background and the pretty butterfly!
Tracy said…
This is pretty, the background really makes the Butterfly pop.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Kathleen said…
A really great background and lovely colour choice for the lovely butterfly.

Kath x
brenda said…
So different and so striking Lynn, the Butterfly really pops from the monochromatic background.

B x
Mervi said…
Fabulous cards both at this weekend,
enjoy despite all;-))m
Leanne Harris said…
Love this Lynn, I love the black and white background and how it bounces the butterfly off of the piece xxxx
KandA said…
Such a fabulous journal cover with the black + white background and the super splash of colour from the lovely butterfly xx
Lovely!! Great background ❤️
Stay safe 🌹