Twofer - Rain/umbrella


I'm here with my cards for the current Twofer challenge of Rain/Umbrella. I knew I had a raindrop stamp but I had forgotten all about this lady with her umbrella. So I decided to use both of them.


I used some silver yupo paper for the background and alcohol inks on it to create a moody sky and puddles. I then stamped the rain drops over the top. Unfortunately the lady didn't show up so well so I ended up paper piecing her.


You can't really see the silver effect on the still photo, so I did this little video.


My second card is used with the same stamps.This time I used the raindrops as a resist on my gelli plate. Then I stamped just the umbrella (and her head once) to look like a crowd with umbrellas. I added a stamp from Uniko as a border and some tiny little sequin dots. The sentiment is from a Hobbycraft set.


The first card is obviously "Get Well" sentiment and the second is one of those cards you send "just because" I hope that counts as an occasion.

This is a third card that didn't quite come out right.


Comments

Darnell said…
What a terrific old-timey image that is, Linby! I just love the bright colors you used to paper-piece her and the way you did the shimmery rainy background on silver. (Good job inserting a video to show us the shimmer that the still photos can't capture!) Your second design is very clever of just the tops of the umbrellas held by people walking under a rainy gelli plate sky! Great art deco border, too. And I think your third one came out just fine! It's a very versatile image in the way it can be used for several occasions. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #26! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell
Excellent cards Lynn, Love the stamp and your threefer out of it.
Keep safe and well
Faith x
brenda said…
Both are super Lynn and what a fab image with the brolly licked out in pink.

B x
Anita in France said…
You captured the storm brilliantly on your first card, Lynn ... the shimmer from the 'rain' is fabulous ... I can almost feel the brrrr from here! What a colourful collection of brollies on your quote card ... bright and vibrant ... the art-deco style border is perfect with them! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)
KandA said…
Two wonderful cards. Both great designs with the umbrella and I love the sentiment on the second xx
Vicky Hayes said…
These are just gorgeous Lynn and what an amazing image that is of the lady with the umbrella! All that movement - you can almost feel the wind and I love it! The second card is a brilliant way to use the umbrella, as if we're looking down on them. The deco style border works really well with the image too. And the third card is gorgeous too with the different sky. Vicky x
Rosmarie said…
Three excellent cards! Love them all, but the first one really catches my eyes!!
Kara Lynne said…
Lindby, your designs are wonderful! I love the color combinations on your get well card, and the crowd of umbrellas is a fantastic idea! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!