May Rudolph Day


I just got some new multi layer stencils by Nellie Snellen designs and being having so much fun with them. I wondered what it would look like if I missed one of the layers off and used Christmas colours and this is the result. A stylised poinsettia - in my eyes anyway!

I then ran it through an embossing folder and went over with some silver gilding polish. I cut part of the embossing folder out for the sentiment and mounted over the top of the design.

This is for Mo's monthly Rudolph challenge over on her blog here.

Comments

Gorgeous Christmas design.
Jenny L said…
Hi Linby,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a very unusaul design and it looks brilliant and so full of lovelyness.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT
scrappymo! said…
Defo looks like poinsettias to me! The embossing over top looks good here. Especially wiped over with the colour.

Great card and thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.
Liz said…
A really clever design, beautiful card. xx
KandA said…
Gorgeous card and a fabulous design xx
Kathleen said…
What a great design and idea, looks ver striking.

Kath x
brenda said…
I've seen several variants of layering stencils Lynn and been tempted and this really does show their versatility, very pretty design.

B x
Anonymous said…
Poinsettias indeed! I’ve not tried this technique. I also love the embossed holiday words! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely christmas card with the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda DT
A great technique used on this fantastic card.

Sue xx