Twofer challenge - flowers


The Twofer challenge this time is for Flowers.


and here's what you need to do

For my first card I decided to get out my WRMK hot foil pen - there is 3 in the set and this is the standard tip. I put the foil over the card and then stamped an Altenew anenome stamp and leaves from a magazine over the top. Then carefully traced with the pen.


I've had the set since Christmas and luckily got them half price - however they bumped the price of this card up considerably lol! Need to use them more...... So, this card qualifies also for the NBUS challenge.

My second card is a Thank you card. I used the same stamp but with the addition this time of the inset stamp for the flower and leaves. This was going to be an embossed card with ivory embossing, but the phone rang in the middle of it, so I went with the watermark effect instead! I then cut and stamped the same flower and leaves onto the card with any other colouring and used the die supplied to cut them out. The sentiment is a Phill Martin one.


I'm also going to share a new thing I did this week, which is finally learn how to use the procreate app on my ipad pro. I bought it with the pencil specifically for drawing but have only been messing about so far. I found a brilliant lady on youtube who explained the basics perfectly. This is what I did which is based on a drawing of Lisa Fremont from a book by Anne Keenan Higgins (she also designed for Penny Black).




Comments

Darnell said…
I have to start with your drawing, Linby, because I'm afraid I'll forget. It's brilliant! That must be so fun and I'm delighted for you to have found a video to get you going!

Your Twofer designs are fascinating as well. I've never even heard of a foil "pen." All I know is I love the sound of it and the results you got with it on your gorgeous birthday card! I love the colors, framing, and leafy pp background. And your second design turned out great even with the interruption! (I have totally forgotten how you can stamp just with Versamark and it was one of the first techniques I learned and loved!) It's very pretty and I like how you stamped the sediment around the corner!

Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Take care and keep well!! Hugs, Darnell
brenda said…
Both a delight Lynn and wow on your new passtime, she's sooooo stylish.

B x
Absolutely Beautiful twofers Lynn, love the results you got.
As for your drawing I'm so impressed it's gorgeous. Funnily enough I went to see what this was all about today LOL.
Keep safe and well
Faith x
Viv said…
Well impressed with the drawing - I can just manage to draw a pair of curtains!
Lovely cards. x