All creatures great and small at Stamping Sensations



It's been some time since I've entered at challenge at Stamping Sensations but I was inspired by the theme of All Creatures Great and Small and here's my card.

I began by making the background panel. I stamped a fern stamp all over and embossed it in ivory. Then I scored it to give the impression of a wooden panel and finally ran ink pads over it. 

My sunset panel is watercolours on some watercolour card then stamped with some stamps that came with creative stamping mag. The giraffe is from the same set, I stamped him onto taupe card, coloured with Distress oxides and fussy cut out.

Although the set of stamps comes with this same sentiment, it was a little small so I used the one from my Pink Ink giraffe stamp set. I stencilled over a piece of  taupe card first with the same Distress oxides, blended the edges and then stamped the sentiment.

Here's a reminder of when I last used this set of stamps for a friends birthday card. I also made her a purse using fabric from a curtain sample book.


Comments

A Wonderful background, love the sunset panel and the giraffe, GREAT sentiment all making a wonderful card Lynn.
Take care
Faith x
Liz said…
Super card, Lynn. I love the sunset scene you've created. xx
Kathleen said…
Brilliant card Lynne, the sentiment really made me Giraffe!

Kath x
Wendy L said…
Love it Lynn, giraffes are so in vogue at present too, xxxx
Zoechaos said…
Reading how you created each part of your card made me appreciate it more and more. Your board background is brilliant, might I borrow that technique please? The sunset scene fantastic and of course the main features pop and rock. This is a terrific card. x
Sally H said…
Wow, Lynn! What a stunning card! I love how you created the background panel (I will have to try that). Thanks so much for entering it at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!
pinky said…
What a brilliant scene and class sentiment!! Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky