July Rudolph Day



Happy July Rudolph Day to everyone. Here are my makes for this month for the challenge over on Mo's blog

I used a similar technique on a card the other day with the scoring to look like wood. I have had this TH embossing folder for years and never used it, because it is quite large and I didn't know what to do with it. I quite like how these turned out. I'll also be entering into the NBUS challenge.



For both cards I took a piece of kraft card and scored it then ran it through the embossing folder. I then used various ink pads dragged over the whole thing with some gilding waxes too. I used an "airmail" stamp for the top and bottom, embossed in white on the second card to which I also added a TH die cut tree.

Comments

Jenny L said…
Hi Linby,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what fantastic designs and they sure look like wood panelling too.
Love the use of Christmas tree on the second one also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT
I love the rustic look of these cards.
What a wonderful effect on each card Lynn, fabulous cards.
Faith x
Kathleen said…
Stunning backgrounds and design like the touch of white around the sentiment on the first card and on the tree in the second card. Two great cards.

Kath x
Darnell said…
Very cool designs, Linby! I love the way these turned out! It reminds me of the branding done in the old American west. Happy Rudolph Days! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell
Anonymous said…
Fabulous wood grain, Lynn! I love the airmail borders too. I still find sliding cards a bit challenging but they do get easier and are fun to play with once they’re finished. :) Thank you so much for sharing your lovely holiday creation with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Linda, DT
Wow, I love the gorgeous effect of wood that you've got on these two cards.

Sue xx
scrappymo! said…
Lovely card and great technique. I have tried the lines like wood slats before and think it is an amazing technique. Yours looks great and your card has a strong masculine feel.

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.
sallysbitz2 said…
Two great cards x
The colours look very rustic/vintage.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk