Dark but Bright - Lavinia challenge

 


I've made this card for the September Lavinia challenge where the theme is Dark but Bright. I created my background using the digital app Procreate on the ipad using alcohol ink brushes.

I did make my own brush the other week but these were on sale for a lot of different ones, so I decided to get them. You still need the skill to use colour and placement of using the brushes but there is an undo unlike with real AI's. I'm still very much on a learning curve with Procreate but happy how this turned out.

I then stamped the Lavinia stamps onto the printed background I had created. I used black ink and embossed the main stamp. I used a purple metallic ink to stamp the tiny spots.

I've even created a new blog header using the same technique.

Comments

Viv said…
Lovely card Lin - I am rubbish with digi backgrounds - in fact I'm rubbish with digis!! x
Donna Ellis said…
What a gorgeous Lavinia scene, Lynn! The colors are fabulous and your fairy looks as though she is sprinkling her magic all over her unopened pod! hugs, de
All I can say is what wonderful work you have achieved with this fabulous card. Love the header also.
Faith x
Zoechaos said…
Gosh this is so different from the card I saw yesterday it's gorgeous. x
brenda said…
It's gorgeous Lynn, it's a stamp I've had for such a long time and probably overdue an inking. Great work on the digital background.

B x