The Great Outdoors

 

The theme at Stamping Sensations this month is "The Great Outdoors". I used this stamp from Crafty Individuals and linked the images with a little doodling with a fineliner pen. To go with the wording that is at the bottom of the stamp I used the new CE mica watercolours to create some night time skies. These inks have loads of mica in them so this really has a sheen in real life. 

I then used my misti to position the sentiment stamp around the cut out image.

While using the stamp I had an idea to use it again this time with sunrise and sunsets. I used the same watercolours. The sentiment is from a very old Paula Pascale set. This is a sentiment that I seem to be using a lot at the moment.

Now after I amazed myself in entering the Twofer challenge last week for "trees" with an unconvential design.  I find myself in the happy position to enter again, this time for the conventional use of the stamp set on two cards. One for a Birthday and the other as a "thanks card". Never having been in this position before I did check the rules, and can't see that you aren't able to enter more than once.


Comments

brenda said…
Two real beauties Lynn, great use of colour to achieve dramatic effects. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Bx
KandA said…
Two wonderful cards Lynn. Stunning colouring of the backgrounds to achieve different effects on each xx
Darnell said…
We are delighted to see you enter again, Lynn, this time with your conventional designs! I really like the panel blocks with the different nighttime tree scenes! Very artistic and I love the gorgeous soft colors! Thank you so much for playing again in Twofer Card Challenge #31! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell
Vicky Hayes said…
Wow Lynn, I love what you've done with these amazing stamps! The different colours change the feel of the stamps completely and I like the different designs too. Vicky x
Happy Dance said…
These are real stunners, Lynn. This stamp is really amazing, and I'm loving how you've given each scene on each card a very cool look. Sunrise, sunset! The colors are gorgeous. Beautifully done. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe, Bev.
pinky said…
Wow Lynn these are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky