We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge and some news......

 


For our October challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge we have the nice and easy "anything goes!". 

For my DT card I used Chocolate Baroque The Sewing RoomHaberdashery and Words to Dazzle and Sparkle. I used three DPs from a co-ordinating pack and then ink and stamped over them. A great way to use up some papers and create an inky background. 

Onto my news - I have joined the Stamping Sensations challenge blog design team. A challenge I have long admired and entered over the years, to be on the DT is a great honour.

Here's my first DT make for the new challenge of Autumn glory. I have used one of my new teamies digi stamps who is one of our sponsors this month. See below for the link to Dora's digital images.


I printed the digital stamp in brown ink and coloured with Coloursoft pencils. I took a piece of card and blended DI's, did a little faux bleaching and then ran it through a tree bark embossing folder. I cut a circle to place the bird behind. I then added some printed acetate at the edges of the design. The sentiment is an old Paula Pascale sentiment stamp.

I'm also entering this card into the Library Challenge - "What to Look for in Autumn" book theme. 

The sponsors for October are...

Please click here to find a huge collection of images hand drawn by Dora, a member of our Design Team. She creates beautiful flowers, animals and much more, many inspired by her love of Nature.


Stamp Addicts is a family run business based in Bedfordshire and have been in business since 1992. We have watched the popularity of rubber stamping and all papercrafts steadily increase over time and now manufacture our own branded rubber stamps which frequently feature on Hochanda TV as well as exhibiting at craft shows across the UK.

Comments

brenda said…
Two super cards Lynn, great vintage feel to your CB creation and the bark effect background is perfect for the bird image.

Lovely to have you part of both the teams, welcome to SS.

B x
Mervi said…
Lovely cards both of them. Congrats;-))m
Jane Willis said…
Two gorgeous cards, and congratulations on the DT position
Tracy said…
Two fabulous makes Lynn, the dressmaker one just reminds me of when I was little and my Mum would be sewing away, you've done a beautiful creation using Dora's bird.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Leanne Harris said…
Two lovely makes xxxx
pinky said…
Your cards are just gorgeous Lynn, you are such a talent and it is so lovely to have you join the team. Hugs
Pinky
Joan said…
Lovely cards Lynn, I love what you have done with Dora's image, great colouring and a fab wood effect background

Joan x
Ellibelle said…
Congrats on your new DT position Lynn! How exciting! And such beautiful cards!
Lovely vintage card, great way to use up some scraps! Beautiful card with the bird, too, love the birch trees behind the topper and the acetate with the leaves. Dora is a very talented drawer
PinksyDoodles said…
Beautiful cards Lynn, I adore the wren! Congratulations on your DT position with Stamping Sensations.
Clare x
Mrs.B said…
You've coloured up the little wren so beautifully, makes a gorgeous card. Great paper piecing on the vintage dressmaker card.
Avril xx
Liz said…
Two lovely cards, Lynn. Congratulations on joining the Stamping Sensations DT. xx
Kathleen said…
Huge congratulations on your new DT for SS. It is a challenge that I try to enter but don't always get round to it
Two super cards, love the image and colours of the CB card.
Great Autumnal creation for SS, cute little bird and gorgeous backgrounds.

Kath x
Marlies said…
Two beautiful cards. A lovely vintage look on the first one and you made a lovely tree background for the bird on the branch. Marlies
Jules said…
Hi Linby

Two great cards. I particularly love the second one .. .. .. the tree background you have created is brilliant and so effective.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx
Marina said…
Two great cards. I love what you did with the bird card - it looks like you drew it yourself and I love the layers behind it.
Thanks for joining The Library.