Lace real or faux with the option of Anything goes at Allsorts challenge week 597

 


It's my turn to host the Allsorts challenge this week. I've chosen the theme of Lace - real or faux, but there is also an anything goes option if you don't want to do the lace.

For my DT card I created the image digitally on my ipad using the Procreate app. For those not familiar with the app I have uploaded a video of my work below. This is an option you have when creating. You will see at the beginning I had a different design in mind!

I used a lace brush which I coloured in black and magenta drawing several decreasing circles with it. I add the sentiment in the middle and that tiny little "glow" which I'm really proud of. 

I printed it out and then on my base card used a JND die for the corners. 




Our sponsor this week is
Chocolate Baroque is a small independent art and craft company, based in the historic market town of Barnard Castle in County Durham in the North-East of England and is owned and run by Lesley Wharton. 

We design our own range of natural rubber art stamps from Sue's hand drawn originals, complemented by typography from Lesley.  The rubber stamps are made in house, by David, to our very exacting quality standards. And nothing gets past his eagle eye!

Chocolate Baroque have two shows on Hochanda tomorrow at 10am and 2pm which will feature some old favourites, new products plus loads of inspiration from Lesley. 

The winner chosen by random.org will receive this beautiful stamp Floribunda Net (which is on my wishlist!)


Hope to see lots of you over at the challenge this week, don't forget to stop by and see the inspiration from my Design Teamies.

I'm also entering the card into CD Sunday plus challenge #47 anything goes, as it is a digital creation,
albeit of my own. I hope it's acceptable to them.

Comments

Carol said…
Of course it is acceptable. I am in awe of your digital talent. I don't think I would know where to start. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT
WOW! Lynn, what a wonderful result, I love the lace effect and how you got the circles, so creative and wonderful.
Faith x
Pamela said…
Wow-just watched the video! Great digital designing skills! I have those corner dies and love using them.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
Wynn said…
Love the effect Linby. As you’ve made it into a physical card it is acceptable. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT
brenda said…
I'm impressed with that app Lynn, might need to check that out to see if it will work on mu iMac. So effective how you created the layers and lace and prettily finished with the corner decoration.

B x
brenda said…
Forgot to say I enjoyed creating fore this one, even if I didn't use too much from my lace stash.

B x
Ellibelle said…
Your card is simply beautiful Lynn and how wonderful you created some of it with procreate. I downloaded the app years ago for my hubby to use for drawing, but he really just enjoys drawing on regular paper so we haven't really used it much. Will be watching your video to take a closer look.
And thanks for the great theme!
Fabulous and so elegant card! You are very talented with digital graphic!!
Jocelyn said…
Something very different and pretty. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT
Kathleen said…
A really great design with super colours , love the corners too.

Kath x
Seafield Jo said…
You are creating some lovely cards digitally, it is all a mystery to me! I love the colours on this card, so striking.

Lovely to have you joining us again

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT
Wonderfully created and certainly something new to me, well done
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT
Mervi said…
Gorgeous card Lynn;-))m