Flowers all around

 


I'm playing along in the Twofer challenge which this time is "Flowers".


For both cards I used a Modern Anemone altenew stamp set that came with a magazine. For my first card I stamped the outline of the flowers and leaves around the edges and then added colour using the second stamp. Unusually for me I went with a bit of a haphazard approach rather than all neat and tidy! I stamped the sentiment using a Crafters Companion stamp and then added some ink to make it stand out a little. The final touch some iridescent sequins.


For my second card I used card from my snippets box. I've recently reordered it into rainbow colours and it seems to be so much easier to find anything. Perhaps that's what took me out of comfort zone to create with yellow and orange! 

This time I used the die to cut the stamped outline from coloured card and then used a shade of the same ink to stamp the middles. This card is for one of those "just because" days.


I'm going to pop over to the snippets playground with card too as no new pieces of card were used to make it.


Comments

Two pretty and colourful cards, Linby, these flowers speak about Spring and happiness in the air. Love especially the first one, so sweet!
Jane Willis said…
Two lovely cards, I love the orange, yellow and lime scheme of the second, and the flower image on both is gorgeous
Jane
Guest Designer at the Playground
What bright happy cards Lynn and very beautiful too.
Faith x
Bonnie said…
Two bright and uplifting cards, Linby! Love these pretty flowers as a border around the slimline card and as the spray in the second card! Thanks for sharing these two different designs at The Twofer Challenge!
brenda said…
Both are pretty Lynn but I have to say the yellow and orange one really is so cheery.

B x
Darnell said…
I love both your cheery designs in such bright and happy colors, Linby! I really, really love how you went all fluid and artsy with the stamping of the color on the birthday card! I'm a 'color inside the lines' person, but I have always loved the outside-the-lines look of that type of watercoloring. And well done organizing and using your snippets for your second design! The warm and cozy colors and composition go perfectly with one of my favorite sediments! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell
Di said…
What lovely cards Lynn - I do so love the first one - very artistic indeed.

Hugs

Di xx
Anita in France said…
The organic feel of your first card is lovely, Lynn ... the unstructured infill stamping adds such a soft, gentle look! The vibrancy of your second card is fantastic ... such a zesty, bold colour palette ... so full of energy, fabulous with the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)