Be Happy and a Doodle Bird

 





My first card is for Stamping Sensations challenge where the theme is "Colour my World". So I went for picked raspberry and spiced marmalade and used these two colours throughout. The background stamp is a large lace one. I used a JND die and stamp set called Bee Balm and I then used a Crafters companion die and stamp set for the sentiment. the silhouette stamp is an old one I think from Hobbycraft. I framed the whole thing with a Tim Holtz postage stamp die.

I was enjoying myself so much I made another two versions of this card.




My Second card is for the We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge . I used  Doodle Birds and Words to Dazzle and Sparkle. I took a piece of card and stencilled through using a pink and green. Then stamped the bird on top with some black glitter embossing powder. 

Here's a close up to show how it sparkles in the light although the colour of the card has been corrupted from purple.


I used a TL die for the background - it's a very large trellis die, so I used part of it and cut a circle frame for it. I then used some of the die waste at the corners.

As always the winner of the challenge will receive a prize from Chocolate Baroque.


Chocolate Baroque is a small independent art and craft company, based in the historic market town of Barnard Castle in County Durham in the North-East of England and is owned and run by Lesley and David Wharton. 

We design our own range of natural rubber art stamps from Sue's hand drawn originals, complemented by old original drawings and typography from Lesley.  The rubber stamps are made in house, by David, to our very exacting quality standards. And nothing gets past his eagle eye!

Comments

brenda said…
Your first card certainly lives up to it's name Lynn, really so very cheery. And love your treatment of the CB birdie and the subtle sparkle.

B x
Mrs.B said…
Great cards Lynn, those bright colours do make you feel happy and that's a great design with the doodle bird.
Avril xx
Crafting Queen said…
Lovely bright colours. Wonderful card. Anesha
Leanne Harris said…
Great makes Lynn, I'm loving the beautiful bold colours on all of them! xxxxx
Mervi said…
Gorgeous cards;-))m
Mummylade said…
Wonderful colours!
A wonderful array of cards Linby, the three for SS challenge are really an explosion of happiness and wow -so vibrant!!!LOVE them!
It's great how you used the trellis and a circle ring to make the frame for the lovely CB bird! And well done for using the leftovers so well in the corners! :)Very impressive.
Babs said…
Beautiful card so warm and makes you feel so happy love it..
Babs x
Diane said…
Great card, fun bold colors and designs.

I joined your blog.

Hugs diane
Marlies said…
Two beautiful bright and happy cards for SS! I like the lace background stamp you used too. A very nice effect. A lovely card with the bird. Well designed and all the sparkle looks great. Marlies
Anke said…
Wonderful cards, the one with the bird is so lovely and the first one is fantastic, I love the bright colour and the fresh design.

Hugs
Anke
cotnob said…
A super collection of cards, I especially like the first three, a lovely selection of colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x
Tracy said…
Very HAPPY to see your happy cards, they are lovely, bright and cheerful. And your sparkly bird is fabulous set in the die cut work.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Your first cards are so vibrant and Happy Lynn, lovely colours and stamping. Love the purple card and peacock, great design and love the sparkle on the peacock.
Faith x.
Your first cards certainly bright my world today, lovely warm happy colours, makes those stamped images pop pop pop. Love the sparkling bird below, what a super feature that is. Many thanks for the inspiration. Tracey x