Jar of Hearts

 


I made the jar from a stencil and then embossed it so it looked like glass - however you can't really tell that from the photo! I actually have a jar stamp with this tag around it, so I stamped that and then cut it out and drew on the "string". 

I've been busy making some heart themed cards and these hearts are the left overs from the die and also snippets of paper used. So I'm going over to the snippets playground - hoping I don't slide over in the snow!

I've also used the current Library challenge as my prompt which is for the book Jar of Hearts. I've never read this book or even heard of it, so my interpretation is the title.


I'm also entering into a new to me challenge I keep seeing everyone around blogland joining in with. It's called 613 Avenue Create and the theme is Anything Goes w/ Optional Twist: "Heart and Soles".

Comments

What a great idea Lynn, love the thought behind this and the beautiful card.
Faith x
Lovely card and good idea, you reminded me that I have a Sizzix die for jars unused by years!
Love the drew string and the label!
Crafting Queen said…
Really lovely card. Anesha
Jean said…
This is fantastic ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/
Crafting Queen said…
Thank you for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha
brenda said…
A really innovative take on the theme Lynn and pretty border with Clare's papers.

B x
Fiona said…
Cute card - I love to use jars on cards and we could all do with a jar full of hearts! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create
Chrissy said…
So cute,I love it..Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

Luv CHRISSYxx
Marina said…
Cleverly made jar and such a pretty design. I think if you'd read the book you wouldn't be very inspired by it! Thanks for joining The Library.
Lynne in NI said…
Awww what a lovely card, great job making your jar too!
Di said…
Great card Lynn - I do love the jar, very cleverly done! A perfect Valentines card.

Hugs

Di xx