Stencil heat embossing

 


I've made this card using a stencil from Funky Fossil. I inked through with Distress inks and then quickly covered with clear embossing powder. The cardstock I used has a glossy film to it so in real life it looks really shiny. 

I then double cut a "happy" die and then applied the same colour inks and embossed over that too as well as the birthday sentiment.

I'm entering this into the CAS Mix Up card challenge. 


I'm also entering into the NBUS challenge as this is the first outing for the stencil. It's part of an order I made using the generous prize from Funky Fossil that  I won from the Twofer challenge at Christmas. Darnell will be so proud of me for using it this quickly I'm sure!

Comments

OH! This is so very pretty Lynn, love the delicate colours. I hadn't thought of embossing the DI's, must have a go. Thanks for the inspiration.
Faith x
Zoechaos said…
What pretty colours love the combination of them and modern style of the card. Smashing work. x
brenda said…
That background is so effective Lynn and linking the soft blend of colours.

B x
Diane said…
Wonderful pastel colors and what a fun design Linby.

Hugs diane
StephW said…
Love how you've used the watercolour lines stencil with soft dreamy inks and a bold sentiment, just gorgeous x
nancy littrell said…
Love your soft pastel stenciled and heat embossed background, Linby. Your die cut and stacked happy in the same colors is so pretty too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy
Darnell said…
I am VERY proud of you Linby and I just love this card! Great idea to use DI and clear embossing and I love the pretty pastel coloring! Now I want to be sitting at a beach watching the waves as the sun goes down! (With a bit of a tipple, of course!) Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell
A.Rose said…
Lovely pastel shaes.
Beautiful effect, love the delicate colours of your cards!!
conil said…
Whoa! This is lovely...ethereal, like floating on a cloud. Your colors are simply gorgeous and the embossing is beautifully done. Using dark colors behind your sentiment really makes it pop. So glad you shared it with CAS Mix Up. Hope to see your creations again.
Bonnie said…
Such a pretty background, Linby! Love these colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!