I love... and Monochromatic

 


My DT cards today are for the new challenges we have at both We Love Chocolate Baroque  and Stamping Sensations.

Our new challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque is for "I Love..." and I love the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh and also stained glass. I attempted to make a stained glass window for my DT card by using Dressmaker's window with Mackintosh Beauty. I stamped the image twice leaving a gap between  the images to give the appearance of a frame. I coloured the image with intense pencils and then used water to activate them. I added a few highlights with a white gel pen. I stamped the window and then cut away the panes of glass to leave a frame which I coloured with shades of brown promarkers. 

I then embossed some card with a brick effect and and for the sentiment cut another piece of card which I placed on top to make a ledge and then used a sentiment from Canary Bird Rose behind a cut out.

This month we have two prizes on offer from Chocolate Baroquethe usual A4 or equivalent stamp set and the new Life Is So Much Better Sentiment stamp set.

My second DT card is for the Monochromatic challenge at Stamping Sensations. I decided to go with black and white for my grungy stationery themed card. I used a die set and stamp from CC and then added a stamp pointer hand from TH and various grunge stamps from other companies.


Our sponsor this month is 

Stamp Addicts is a family run business based in Bedfordshire and have been in business since 1992. We have watched the popularity of rubber stamping and all papercrafts steadily increase over time and now manufacture our own branded rubber stamps which frequently feature on Hochanda TV as well as exhibiting at craft shows across the UK.

Comments

Marlies said…
Two beautiful cafrds Linby. You have made a lovely glass in stain window and the embossed brick background is perfect with it. Your black and white card is well designed too. love the note book page idea. Marlies
WOW, LOVE the stained glass window Lynn, such a beautiful card. Also the sentiment and the stamping on the second is Super. 2 Wonderful cards.
Faith x
brenda said…
I think you've done a perfect (not attempted) job of the stained glass window Lynn and those stamps work perfectly.

Your monochromatic card makes a real statement with the large sentiment focally and love the paper clip addition, right up my street.

B x
Leanne Harris said…
That's a fabulous stained glass window Lynn! Beautiful colouring as if the light is coming right through xxxxx
Mervi said…
Fabulous and beautiful cards;-))m
Crafting Queen said…
Two wonderful cards. Love the colours in the first one and the grungy elegance of the second. Anesha x
Wow, your stained glass window looks amazing and so effective!! Love the dimensional effect and the art deco flowers! The brick embossing, too!
The card for SS looks great too, I think it's perfect for a masculine recipient!
Kathleen said…
Two super cards Linby, just love the stained glass image and the brick wall is a great and different touch.
Super black and white creation, fabulous design and sentiment.

Kath x
Mummylade said…
Wow, such vibrant colours and lovely details.
Vicky Hayes said…
Your window is so clever Lynn and I can't even begin to wrap my head around how you did it! The stamps and colouring are just perfect and you chose a perfect sentiment for it. I spotted your black and white card on instagram and loved it. I really like the way the sentiment takes the spotlight and all the other images enhance it. Vicky x
Tracy said…
Two very different creations, but both equally gorgeous Lynn.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Mrs.B said…
Two fabulous cards Lynn, the colours on the stained glass image look stunning.
Avril xx
pinky said…
I love the window, so ornate! Your monochromatic card is class, loving the stamps you have used Lynn.
Sarn said…
Two super cards there Lynn. One colourful and one monochromatic . . . perfect.

Thanks for the invite to join in at Stamping Sensations . . . will take a look.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
Diane said…
Wow the stained glass window color is just amazing, love both delightful designs.

Hugs diane