May Rudolph Day

 


I've made this card for the May Rudolph challenge over on Mo's blog here.

I saw a card similar to this using a Christmas house die and I remembered I had this Spellbinder Painted lady die. I just love the painted lady houses in San Francisco and had to have this die, but it is very large and so I haven't used it much. I was so pleased to be able to transform it into a Christmas house.

I cut the house out in gold card and the door in red. I cut the lamp post in silver and then used the foliage that comes with the set to decorate it and then to make a wreath for the door. Final touch is a TH sentiment and parcel die from another die set.

Comments

scrappymo! said…
This house die is indeed like the "painted lady" houses in San Francisco!
You have done a great job of transforming it into a lovely Christmas house with the lampost etc.
Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.
Such a great Die Lynn and a lovely card x
What a great Christmas card using this die.
Lorraine
mamapez5 said…
I don't know anything about the 'painted lady house' but this is an impressive die and has made a lovely card. Good use of the foliage stamp too. Kate x
brenda said…
As Mo said, echoes those houses perfectly and it's a card in itself at that size.

B x
Wonderful Christmas design.
Jenny L said…
Hi Linby,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a very grogeous card and I love that house it's so opulent and lovely.
Great work on adapting the design to a Chrismas one.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Linby this is a fabulous festive card love the dies you have used
hugs
Lolo x
Mandy said…
Lynn I had no idea what the Painted Lady houses were and have looked them up. How amazing to have those pretty victorian buildings with the modern skyscrapers in the background. I love how well preserved they are and how much they go for is astonishing!

That is an amazing die and quite the centrepiece on your card. It is so ornate and the addition of the red and green is perfect.

I am so glad I visited you and learnt about those houses.

Happy Rudolph Day

Mandy xxx
It's a fabulous die Linby, and you made a fabulous work with it! Love the way you transformed this house in a Christmas one!
Diane said…
Wonderful holiday card design and colors.

Hugs diane
Vee Cassidy said…
Hello, A brilliant project - I love buildings looks like a great die. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Vee xx
Anonymous said…
Sooo elegant Lynn, with the gold and touches of red and green! Thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda, DT