Spring Blossoms at Allsorts challenge

 


Our new challenge begins today at Allsorts challenge. Ellie is the host and she has chosen the very fitting for the time of year, Spring Blossoms as the theme.

For my DT card I used Chocolate Baroque Snowdrop script (it contains snowdrop stamps and the bluebells!). I created a background by scribbling using ordinary crayons. this is actually an offcut I had in my box as I didn't want to throw it away. I thought I could squeeze a stamp onto it! However, it was a little strange shape, so I made my mount using the Spellbinders distressed edges dies and I think it worked out ok!

These are some of the bluebells in my garden. All Spanish ones - scroll down for how you can tell.





English bluebells flower only on one side of the stem and the stem hangs over from the weight of the flowers.




Our sponsor this week is
Chocolate Baroque is a small independent art and craft company, based in the historic market town of Barnard Castle in County Durham in the North-East of England and is owned and run by Lesley and David Wharton. 

We design our own range of natural rubber art stamps from hand drawn originals, complemented by typography from Lesley.  The rubber stamps are made in house, by David, to our very exacting quality standards. And nothing gets past his eagle eye!
and the winner chosen by random org will receive these 
Chocolate Baroque limited edition Fragrant Honeysuckle and Butterfly Tree stamps
Lesley will be back on our screens on Friday 7th May with two shows at 9am and 1pm, there will be different stamps in both shows so make a note in your diaries.

Comments

brenda said…
Well you learn something every day Lynn, I would never have know the difference in the Bluebells. You are fortunate to have some in the garden as they are not the easiest to grow, we have tried them lots of times but they flower for a year or two and then disappear, I'm told our heavy soil is not ideal for them.

The DL frame works very well for the image - Spanish or English?

B x

Mervi said…
Gorgeous spring flowers in the card and in the garden, love those;-))m
Oh, thanks for having made me know about bluebells! I have some plants in my garden (flowers already gone, here in Italy the weather is more warm), and now I know they are the Spanish ones! :) Everyday I learn something! :D
Your card looks so sweet and lovely. Your ordinary crayons work very well!
Hugs
Such a gorgeous card Lynn, I love the vintage look on it.
We have Spanish bluebells in the garden too, but on a short walk to the hairdresser this week, I took a piccie of the "real" thing, so very beautiful too.
Faith x
Wendy L said…
So pretty and I have learnt a new fact too,xx
Ellibelle said…
What a great way to use the cutoff it works so well here and loving how the crayon background looks behind the pretty flower stamp.
And such beautiful bluebells in your garden!
Tracy said…
Thank you for the fact,never knew that about Bluebells, but I love random facts. Love the frame, it works so well around the gorgeous stamp. Fabulous creation Lynn.
Happy crafting
Tracy x