Sunshine

 


I was inspired to create this AJ page by the new challenge River of Creativity where the theme is Sunshine.

I had an old diary that someone had bought me and it was too nice to get rid of as the paper is such good quality and there are also some decorated pages. One of the pages is this Sunshiney day and perfect for my challenge piece.

I painted the diary page over with white gesso and then used various stencils over the page. I used one of my fave stamps from Woodware to finish the page off and then finally splattered some white and blue paint over and also onto the decorated page to tie them together.

I really enjoyed creating this page and thanks to the challenge for the inspiration.

Comments

Crafting Queen said…
Wonderful page. Anesha
Lovely diary pages, really Summery! Great use of your stencils!
Hugs
brenda said…
This is so perfect for our theme Lynn and moreover you enjoyed creating it it is all part of the challenge concept. I like how you have brought the sun rays up from the bottom drawing the eye to the focal Bumble Bee.

Lovely to see you at River of Creativity, thank you so much for joining in with our first challenge.

B x
Wendy L said…
It looks wonderful Lynn and your artwork is fab. A great way of saving a book. Thanks for joining the challenge at River of Creativity, xx
Zoechaos said…
I am made up that you found us and have joined us with this celebration of sunshine & summer. What a great use of the diary especially with the ideal partner of the left hand page. Fabulous piece and just for us! Thank you for sharing with us at River of Creativity. x
Very clever design and colour mix Lynn.
Faith x
Merry said…
Beautiful, great idea using the old diary
Bonnie said…
We are neighbors in the gallery at River of Creativity, so I wanted to drop by and say Hi Neighbor. Love your use of stencils and stamps on a diary page.
Art Angel said…
That bee is glorious and so perfect for our Sunshine theme over at the River of Creativity, so glad you joined us and cannot wait to see more from you in the challenges x x
Kathleen said…
A really super New Home card, lovely papers and a really great image.

Kath x