A Sewing Machine and Blooms

 


This is a combined post for my DT work at Stamping Sensations challenge and We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.  Scroll down to see the second make.

At Stamping Sensations challenge the theme is "For a lady". I'm using another one of my new stamps from Crafty Individuals CI-545 for this card. I teamed it with some papers I had showing fashion images and some of my many sewing related dies.


Our sponsor this month is...


Crafty Individuals is an exciting web based venture into the creative world of crafts and altered art products and produce an eclectic range of unique and top quality art rubber stamps, cutting dies, masks/stencils and paper craft products.

The theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge. this month is Beautiful Blooms and I decided to show case some of those smaller stamps in the larger sets that can get overlooked. I used Chocolate Baroque Patchwork Landscape and for the sentiment Amazing Mackintosh Words.

I used a small rectangle gelli plate to make three impressions with watercolours. Then I stamped onto each area and across the bottom to link it all together. 


The prize is from Chocolate Baroque as always and are stamps of the winners choice to the value of £25.

Comments

brenda said…
The CI image is very you Lynn and compliments perfectly by the fashion DP's and added sewing elements. I actually got my machine out last week with a view to sewing a card border, ended up repairing dog beds!

Like the way you have used the worker stamps on tour WLCB piece and the lovely hazy day feel of the Gelli background.

Hope you are feeling better today.

B x
Mervi said…
Fabulous and lovely cards;-))m
Marlies said…
A beautiful vintage looking card with the sewing machine and the other is stylish and in lovely colours. Both lovely work. Marlies
HilaryJane said…
Two beautiful cards, love the pink monotone look on your first card and the amazing backgrounds on your second. I must use my gel plate more often. Thanks for the inspiration xx
Wow, you've done a great job here in selecting such a perfect backing paper for the CI sewing machine stamp. I really lovely card Lynn x
Crafting Queen said…
Two wonderful cards. I just adore the colours in the second card, so vibrant. Hugs Anesha
Ellibelle said…
Both are so beautifully done Lynn. So pretty and feminine!
Two amazing creations, so different but both very impressive! Love so much the sweet vintage feel of the first one, such beautiful colours and the papers match so well the stamp!
The watercolour effect as background(s)of the CB stamps looks stunning, wow! Thanks for the inspiration!
coldwaters2 said…
Two beautiful cards Lynn I do love the vintage style of the top one the second one is full of so much lovely colour both are ACE
hugs
lorraine x
Kathleen said…
Now you have got me singing the song 'A sewing machine, a sewing machine, a girls best friend, and so on.
Well before your time though.
Nearly every one had a singer hand working, hard work when electric ones came out.
A really lovely card, great image and a lovely background.

Kath x
Kathleen said…
Oops, forgot about the lovely floral creation, great colours and images.

Kath x
Crafting Queen said…
Thanks for the visit, glad to know I have a good influence on your. lol Hugs Anesha
Zoechaos said…
Love these especially that CI image with the sewing machine. Have you seen my challenge River of Creativity? Yeah I know Brenda and Wendy are on the team but don't let that sort you joining in, 3 of the team are completely new to the world of blog challenges! Hope to be back soon thanking you. x
pinky said…
Love the vintage feel to your Lynn and it certainly has a lovely feminine feel to it. xx
Tracy said…
I love your Sewing machine creation, my mum had an old Singer machine when I was a kid, I remember her sat at it for hours making us clothes. It's a fab creation. I also love your inky blooms.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Mrs.B said…
Love the sewing themed card and gorgeous DP, very feminine in those pretty shades. The gelli plate impressions make a lovely backing for those pretty blooms.
Avril xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
fantasticcccccccccc Linby
Gr Karin
Vee Cassidy said…
That little deer has real character. Two lovely cards. Vee xx
Zoechaos said…
That 3 layer stencil makes so much more than a background goes so well with just a sentiment, and I love the sentiment of the first card especially. Looking at your Stamping Sensations card I was fascinated by the background the effect of the stencil there is intriguing.