Peacocks for Twofer challenge

 


These are my cards for the Twofer challenge this month. 



I love peaocks and have a collection of stamps and dies. I decided to go with some of the Creative Expressions dies I have to make this first card. After creating the background die and inserting all the waste into it in green I decided to place a piece of purple card over the back for the remainder of the design. I cut the peacock in green and purple card and then used gold card to cut again and place all the waste into the tail feathers. Only to find it did not show up on the card and I didn't want to put a mount behind it and hide my lovely background. So I cut a piece of vellum and placed that over the top using some sequins to hid the glue spots. finally I used the die cut phrase that came with the peacock and double cut with a gold background.



My second card uses as embossing folder that I put green and purple inks onto before running the card through the machine. I then used the same die as the first card for the peacock and added a sentiment die with a few sequins.

Comments

Two beautiful cards with that peacock, and your background in the first one is really gorgeous!!
brenda said…
Such different looks with the same products Lynn, particularly like tte one with the peacock feather over the embossed panel.

B x
Happy Dance said…
What a stunning pair of peacocks! All the papers and layers, and golds, and shimmers, and the colors are simply amazing on both cards! Putting vellum on top of the one peacock was such a brilliant idea! You're so right about not wanting to hide that background. And the peacock feather embossing folder was the most perfect compliment to your bird. These are just wowzers! Thank you for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev
Darnell said…
These are gorgeous, Linby. That stunning peacock deserves nothing less! While your designs look spectacular on here, my guess is they are literally brilliant in person! Thank you for playing in TCC #40! Hugs, Darnell
WOW! VERY impressive cards with great style.
Faith x