Rainbow grid snippets and NBUS

 


I've got a new grid die from Altenew. I justfied getting it as I can see so many possibilities for using it. This is it's first time in use and with my snippets. The WISH card uses snippets from my box, I then had the idea to use distress inks to make the rainbow background and cut it out with the die. The WISH die is from MFT.


I used press and seal to pick up the waste and place into the grid. I wish it was easy as that sounds, because not all of the pieces stayed where they should with it being a large die.  The last card was the easiest as I used the snippet of the die from the above make and added another new purchase from Waffle stamps which is a die and stamp set. I only used the smile die on this one.


The sentiments are cut from a Lisa Horton wordage page and I thought it was apt for the design.

As I used snippets I'm off to show Miss Di in the Playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop and also as it's the first outing for the grid die and the smile die I'm going to the NBUS challenge too.


I'm going for a rest now. Luckily I had got two of the cards finished before today and one just needed matting, as something seems to have bitten my leg a couple of days ago. I was hoping it wasn't, but the Dr confirmed today that I have cellulitis and the medication is making me a little drowsy! 

I phoned the surgery this morning and after being in the queue for about 10 mins on the phone they said that I would get a callback. I got a text to send a photo of the bite and then the Dr rang, confirmed I was right and sent a prescription to the pharmacy. So no trip to the Drs and a wait in the waiting room, I'm happy with that.

Comments

Sorry for your leg, hope you feel better quickly.
This grid die seems a great buy, love all your three cards, how colourful and fun!!
brenda said…
I can only just imagine the patience you needed here Lynn but isn't it just so colourful. Rest that leg.

B x
Di said…
Wonderful card Lynn - as always. LOVE the grid die and trying to resist it. But it looks so versatile. I particularly like the rainbow background with the WISH die - perfectly aligned and one of my favourite dies - that I never think to use.

I was looking at your (future perhaps?) reading list the other day for ideas and subsequently bought The Tokyo Bicycle Bakery Kindle edition. I don't know if you have read it or not but I know your love of Japan. I'm about halfway through and it's a lovely read! The story is taking a very interesting turn and I think a lot of things will eventually fall into place. Lots of delightful food descriptions as well.

Hugs

Di xx
Darnell said…
You've got us in rainbow heaven, Linby! You put a lot of work into each of your fabulous designs so they are true works of art and lots of colorful fun!

I'm so sorry to hear that you have cellulitis from a bite and I pray that you are already fully healed by now, my friend. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell