Recycling for July Rudolph

 


I don't often recycle Christmas cards into new ones, because I have so much stuff to use up as it is. I do usually put them in the recycling though first removing the bits that aren't able to be recycled. I had saved this one because of the intricate papercutting on the front. I wasn't keen on the birds it had on it though. So I used the inner that came with the card (a glittered paper) and cut two robins from it and the sentiment. The ribbon is original.

I used a full sheet of paper from the Paper Boutique inside.


This is the back of the card and I wanted to cover the printing up so I used a snippet left over from when I last used these papers offcuts. The detail was on the part I used and I did wonder how this would ever get used... I also made a little recycled badge too. You will see that in the bottom left I did not cover that warning, as it relates to small parts on the card and children and so I decided for safety to leave it.

I'm entering this into the Rudolph Challenge over on Mo's blog and also at the Snippets Playground at Pixies's Crafty Worksop - although it is a very large snippet, but I am only playing for fun!

Comments

It's a lovely Christmas card, you have done so well recycling the frame and the robin! Such lovely paper!
brenda said…
It's a lovely Christmas card Lynn and so pretty with the die cut frame.

B x
Jenny L said…
Hi Linby,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I agree who could throw that intricate design away.
It looks really wonderful with those beautiful papers used.
Love how you have done the inside and the back.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
Anonymous said…
hi Lynn, oooh, such a pretty and intricate frame! I can see why it would be hard to just toss It into the recycle bin. :) did you post your knot bags? were they fun to make? thank you so much for sharing with the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda, DT
Di said…
Wonderful upcycling Lynn! Gosh you really did make it into a super special card - and snippets can be any size really.

Hugs

Di xxh