Tea Party and Poppies

 


This is a combined post for my DT work at Stamping Sensations challenge and We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge. Just a little reminder of our themes for this month. Please scroll down to see the second make.

At Stamping Sensations challenge the theme is "For a lady". I'm using an old favourite stamp from Crafty Individuals (who are also our sponsor this month) this time, it's  CI-269. It was the inspiration to gather together tea and tea time treats stamps and dies to create this card. I decided the stamp needed no more than some pink colour on the Tea Party text. I cut it out using a TL die. I finished it off with a banner die from TL.


Our theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge this month is Beautiful Blooms and I've used Chocolate Baroque Poppy ledger stamp on my card. I have had this printed acetate panel for years and thought it added an extra dimension to overlay it on my card front. I disguised the join with the several strands of ribbon.

I coloured the image with watercolours and blended Distress oxides over the edges and then splattered with water and sponged off with paper towel to achieve some faux bleaching. The sentiments are from my go to set Amazing Mackintosh words.

Comments

brenda said…
Two such different creation Lynn, the first just yells out warm summer days and (calorie fee) tasty treats. Then the blue Poppies beautifully presented - meant to say the Poppy seeds are almost ready, I hadn't realised they needed to chance colour before harvesting.

B x
coldwaters2 said…
Two gorgeous cards Lynn the first one is full of so much wonderful detail, the second is so lovely and colourful I love them both
hugs
lorraine x
HilaryJane said…
Love the retro look of your tea party card and the gorgeous blue of your poppies. What a great idea to use your acetate sheet, it adds a lovely extra dimension xx
Ellibelle said…
Two beautifully done cards Lynn with such great details on both! I am loving that Tea Party stamp with the two cats included :-)
And such beautiful blue blossoms on the second card! The die and ribbon finish it off so nicely!
Love the sweetness of the card for WLCB, such fabulous blue tones and love the layer of acetate!
The first card looks so fun! How many details, there is a lot of to see! Love the big cup! :)
Mervi said…
They both are fabulous cards, lovely details;-))m
Your first card is delightfully feminine and your second is in the gorgeous teal with a fab stamp Lynn.
Faith x
Tracy said…
You have elegant afternoon tea and beautiful poppies, what more can someone ask for, gorgeous creations Lynn.
Happy crafting
Tracy x