Week 631 Sun, Sea and Sand at Allsorts



It's my turn to host the Allsorts challenge this week and I've chosen a theme of sun, sea and sand.

For my DT card I've used two gelli prints as the focus. I was messing about with blue and gold acrylic paints on a small rectangle gelli plate and this was the result. I had them in my background box and thought they looked so much like a beach that they would be ideal for my card. 

I used a stencil for the sun and a die cut. I also recently acquired the ice cream die and wanted to put it onto this card. The deckchair and sentiments are from a Penny Black stamp set coloured with promarkers. the die cut sentiment is from a larger CE set.

I put the whole design on a postage stamp card blank and cut the mounts from a TH postcard die set - holidays postcards - see where I'm coming from? Not sure anyone actually sends postcards anymore as they are in touch with them throughout a holiday anyway these days.

Our sponsor this week is Chocolate Baroque. They are back on TV The Craft Store on Friday 9th July at 9am and 1pm, with a collection of Summery stamps including three beautiful new sets.

This week there will be two winners who will receive one of these prizes.
Chocolate Baroque Ammonite (UK)
3 craft stencils (designs will vary)

I'd love to see you over at the challenge this week, please do pop over and see all the brilliant inspiration from my teamies.




Comments

brenda said…
I wondered how you had created your two panels Lynn, its created a super impression of the beach and sea. A very happy and cheery creation and great theme.

B x
Mervi said…
Fabulous card with great summertime elements, sunny greetings;-))m
coldwaters2 said…
This is superb Lynn a great theme to choose and your card is fabulous definitely full of sun, sea and sand I love the image and design.
hugs
lolo x
Wendy L said…
They do look like beaches, all looks great Lynn, xxx
Liz said…
Great card, Lynn. I love the little beach scenes. xx
HilaryJane said…
Your gel prints are amazing, what a lucky find in your background box. It is so nice when things work out like that. Makes up for all the times when they don't! Lovely card xx
Looks like a holiday on a card, a fabulous make.
Lorraine
Fabulous postage stamp card!! So artistic with the two gelli beaches and love the details of the ice cream and the deckchair!
Ellibelle said…
Fun theme this week Lynn and a beautifully done card!
Zoechaos said…
Love the postage style format and of course the wonderful sun, sea and sand images. Read your comments on my blog with pleasure. Now about not getting to the seaside, if you can get a train to Hull I'm pretty sure you can get one to the coast! so no excuses people want to see the evidence that you went to the beach. hahaha x
Tracy said…
Great beach effects with the Gelli plate, love your creation Lynn.
Happy crafting
Tracy x