A countryside scene and a robin

This is a combined reminder post for the challenges at Stamping Sensations challenge and We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.  Please scroll down to see my second make.

We are asking for you to use your favourite stamps at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge. I used a piece of watercolour paper for this page in my art journal. I flooded the paper with colour to roughly form a landscape. I then used some of my favourite Chocolate Baroque stamps Patchwork Landscape, Life is so much Better and Amazing Mackintosh Words. I like to use my journal as a practice for a card so look out for a card similar to this scene from me.


At Stamping Sensations challenge this month our theme is "Any celebration" and our sponsor is Craft Stash. I've gone with Christmas again as I do need to increase my cards for this year.

I stamped a Woodware robin very lightly onto watercolour card and then flooded the areas with colours in roughly the right places! Then I stamped and embossed in ivory powder using my MISTI to make sure I lined up the image.

The papers are from Lisa Horton and the sentiment is cut from a DP.

Comments

brenda said…
A really tranquil scene on the first creation Lynn and the second lovely in the traditional colours - that Woodware Robin was a fav of our Kath.

B x
Marlies said…
A beautiful scenery card in lovely colours and your Christmas card with the robin looks great too! Both wonderful makes. Marlies
Ellibelle said…
Two wonderful creations here, Lynn. Love the CB scene you created for your art journal with all those wonderful inspirational words! And great mix of patterned papers on the SS piece, a really wonderful Christmas card!
pinky said…
Both projects are absolutely beautiful Lynn. Loving the autumnal colours on both.
HilaryJane said…
Love your water coloured background on your journal page. I shall look forward to seeing the card you make. Your sky and rolling landscape look pretty special. Your water coloured robin is very special too, I love him xx
Crafting Queen said…
Two lovely cards. I love the colours in the second one. Anesha x
Such lovely colours on both your works!! The country scene on your AJ is adorable and so sweet! Love the robin card too, it's so cute!
Mervi said…
Gorgeous card Lynn.
Mrs.B said…
That's a beautiful scene you created in your journal and I love the combination of quoted you used.
Love the patchwork robin, he looks so jolly with your choice of papers.
Avril xx