One earth

 

This is my entry for the River of Creativity challenge where the theme this month is "one earth". I've had this TH earth die for a while and only used it once before. I couldn't resist it though as I do love maps and views of the earth.

I used a stencilled background from my box and a piece of card that co ordinated to cut the die. Then I decided to use the sentiment from the Lisa Horton wordage pack.


Finally I added three tiny crystals. My thinking is that these could be stars or people in the world. If we could only see the sky and the stars, but due to pollution there are not many places you can these days. Before COVID we had been to the national park in Tenerife for a night time gaze at the stars, it was amazing. But even there the guide pointed out an area of encroachment from the rest of the island that was beginning to obscure the stars. A second meaning is that when we are in darkness ourselves the people we need show themselves.

Comments

coldwaters2 said…
This is so lovely Lynn the die looks super so does the paper and that sentiment is fabulous
hugs
lorraine x
brenda said…
The die is absolutely perfect for our One Earth theme Lynn. I did think when I was reading your post before I got to starts that you were going to say you added crystals to all the Countries you have been, but there again you might need a good few!!

So pleased you dusted off the die and joined us at Rive of Creativity, thank you.

B x
Zoechaos said…
Always a delight to visit. That die is fabulous and I love how you paired it with that background. Fabulous take on our One Earth theme thank you for sharing with us at River of Creativity. xx
Fabulous card and the sentiment is so striking, Lynn! Your thinking about the crystals are interesting :)
Hugs
HilaryJane said…
Great card, I love the idea behind it xx
Wendy L said…
What a perfect die for this challenge, so glad you joined in at River of Creativity challenge Lynn, xx
Rocky said…
That's a great take on our theme, thank you for sharing with us at River Of Creativity.