Twofer Cats

 


It's the last Twofer challenge - I'm going to miss this wonderful challenge. However, I totally understand Darnell's reasons for bringing this challenge to an end. Thanks to Darnell and the DT for a fabulous challenge.

I've chosen the prompt of cat for this this Twofer challenge. The theme is Dog/cat.



Although I am more of a dog person I have a lot of family and friends who have cats or love cats, so that is what I went with. This is a stamp from a company that sadly no longer exists. Magnum from Ladybug stamps.

I used a piece of 12 x 12 paper cut with a pierced die for the background of this birthday card. It doesn't come with a sentiment but I thought this fit the bill. I used a little basic printing block for the first part of the sentiment. I coloured the image with DIs and then used a little faux bleaching.


For my second card I made a "hello" card. I thought it would be fun to use this Lawn Fawn "bonjour" card instead of the word hello as the cat look so incensed! The background is a cover die and the sentiment from Lisa Horton wordage pack.


Comments

brenda said…
Both so different Lynn, probably sway to the second but only for the bold colours.

B x
Marcia Hill said…
Two FABULOUS cards Lynn! I just LOVE your cat image (and I'm not even a cat lover!)...he just has that wonderful snarky look on his face that totally makes me smile! Great designs on both cards too, and the sentiments are purrfect (sorry, couldn't resist!)! Thanks so much for joining in on our final Twofer Challenge!! Hugs, Marcia (DT) :0)
Liz said…
Two super cards, Lynn. What a fabulous cat image. xx
Bonnie said…
Love this grumpy cat, Lynn! What a great expression on his face and you've made two fantastic cards with him! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!
How fun cat scene! Love both the cards and especially the first one, just perfect for masculine recipients!
Hugs
Darnell said…
That fat cat trying to get through the doggy-door is an absolute hoot, Lynn! I love your coloring and the different backgrounds you created for her with the most appropriate sediments! Thank you for all your past support of Twofer, my friend, and thank you for playing this time, too! Hugs, Darnell
Carol L said…
Fun cards with that chubby cat! Love how he's stuck in the doggy door on the first and the sentiment on the 2nd is just hilarious! NJ on the twofer!
Darling twofer with that kitty in the flap! Just love both designs!!
oldpunca said…
Beautiful cat Twofer, Lynn. I am a cat lover and I do like this image. It is just great. Both cards are fabulous and the sentiments too. They matches perfectly to the scene. Thank you for joining us at our final TCC. Sonja