Fashion sense

 


I bought an MDF bookcase and books to decorate. That is still a WIP but because of the size of books I chose to make I had one left over and so I decided to bite the bullet and use some of my En Vogue and Metropolitan girl papers to decorate a book. I used tape to make the book up.

The front the piece of paper I wanted to use had a hole punch in it, and it also fell on the part of the design I wanted to use. So I used the "adore" sticker to cover it. I also wanted to decorate but not cover too much up. I went for this TL die but changed the dog to a Westie from another die set, in honour of the one I used to have. 

The back view

Inside I have made three signatures encasing them with design papers.



For the spine I wanted to use several papers so I hit upon the idea of using part of the cover paper from the paper pad. I then used embellishments over the top.


I've had so much fun making this and now comes the part to decorate the signatures inside. But for now I am entering it into the River of Creativity challenge for Fashion Sense.

Comments

brenda said…
If ever a theme was made for you Lynn, this is it and I hoped you would join in as I knew it would reflect the theme so well, as it does. And by the sounds of it you even cracked open some much stroked DP.

It's a beautiful project, thanks so much for making such a special creation for us at River of Creativity.

B x
Zoechaos said…
I think I have the book case and covers set but did something very different with them! I love how you made the papers and die cuts your own for this and now you have the perfect little book to keep all your fashion designs in! Thank you for floating this on the River of Creativity xx
Liz said…
What a fabulous creation, Lynn! xx
Vicky Hayes said…
This is just wonderful Lynn! I love those papers and how clever to hide the bit that had been punched with that sticker. Vicky x
Wow Lynn, such amazing project! Very unusual and impressive! Fabulous papers, they really deserved to be shown! Love any detail and the spine looks so beautiful! Well done!
Wendy L said…
What a perfect project for our theme of Fashion, thanks for joining us at River of Creativity, xxx
Rocky said…
This project is gorgeous. Thank you for taking the time to join us at River Of Creativity, we hope to see you again soon.