Plaid Christmas

 


I was looking through my digis and came across this set of birds which I've taken to be robins. I've used distress and regular crayons to colour the image. I cut out and simply mounted onto some plaid background paper. The sentiment is from an oldie but good Paula Pascale set.

I was aiming for white space but it did seem to have too much so I die cut some leaves and berries from the plaid and added to two of the corners.

I'm entering this into the CAS Christmas card challenge  for plaid.

Comments

coldwaters2 said…
Hi Lyn this is absolutely wonderful you have used two things that are my favourites the Robins and the Tartan they are a match made in heaven love the water colour effect of the image this is ACE
hugs
lorraine x
brenda said…
Defo Robins Lynn and the tartan (plaid) makes it feel so seasonal and what a lovely idea punching some matching leaves.

B x
FAB-U-LUS. I love the robins and the holly leaves, the tartan holly leaves are a great addition. I love the tartan background. OK I LOVE it all.
Faith x
crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful Robins and love how you coloured them,the plaid paper and holly leaves look perfect
Carol x
Adorable! Love how you realized the birds with regular crayons!The plaid and punched leaves match great with them!
Colleen said…
Such a sweet card with those birds sitting on the branch. I love your background plaid and the same plaid in the holly leaves. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!
Loll said…
Beautiful bird digi that is so wonderfully coloured. Looks so great with the plaid framing. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
Julia Aston said…
What a sweet branch of singing winter birds and wonderfully colored! The plaid background frames your image nicely! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx
Carol L said…
I love the soft coloring of the birds with that beautiful plaid background! Great card!