cocktail anyone?

 


This card isn't what I set out to make lol! I started with the panel which was a die with a magazine that I just had to have and tracked down. I thought it would be ideal for snippets - for my sanity maybe not so much!

I realised that really I should have made it a double panel and so looked for something else to take up the space. In my mind this cocktail lady is in a trendy Manhattan bar and this is the cool wall art. 

As you can see I have a cushion that matches the die and maybe that is where the idea came from, although not consciously as I was making it.

I've made this entirely from snippets and so I'm off to the playground to show everyone at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Comments

brenda said…
Not many can say that have matching cushions and dies can they Lynn, but love both.

B x
Di said…
Gosh Lynn, this is so fabulous.The pink and blue go so well with white and black - really stunning card! Ha - I bet the careful piecing in of all those snippets almost had you crying though :) But, we crafty gals never give up do we, always trying to make life harder for ourselves!

Hugs

Di xx
Di said…
PS - I WANT your cushion!! xx
Sarn said…
Fabulous cushion and fabulous card. Great use of your snippets!

Now we've found a way to get you up into the Playground Treehouse, remember to put your Hallowe'en costume on for the Party on Sunday!

Hugs, Sarn xxx
Vicky Hayes said…
Oh I love this Lynn and can definitely see your vision of the fabulous wall art in a trendy cocktail bar! Vicky x

PS I chuckled at your message - we crafters are always happy to be enablers!!
Pauline C said…
Wow Lynn this is a really cool card .. quite Art Deco feel about it .. and amazing that you have a cushion with the same picture
Pauline x
Vee Cassidy said…
These are great, Lynn. I bet we all get that one idea in the brain and we have to see it through to the end result. Then the next one comes :) Vee xx
HilaryJane said…
That die looks familiar, I think I might have it. Glad you are using it after all the effort to track it down. Love the card, your cocktail lady really does look very elegant and thanks for clarifying about the cushion. I was a bit confused at first xx
It's a beautiful die, and you used it so well! Love the feminine colours and the not-inlaid pink element on the back. The cushion with the same woman you stamped on the card is just stunning!!