In the Meadow

 


I thought I would share my entry into the Monthly Lavinia stamps challenge. This month the theme is "In the Meadow". My piece is entitled "Fairy Laundry in the Meadow".

I used my gelli plate to create the background. First rolling over green inks and then sprinkling brushos and a little water. I stamped over and trimmed down. Then I darkened the edges with green and black DI. I also did a little stencilling over the top for some depth.

Finally I took the washing line stamp and used the edges of it to ink around the base card.

Comments

brenda said…
"Hand in hand in the forest so green..", I absolutely love it Lynn and what a great idea adding the washing, I have that one and it's not seen ink in ages. I am thinking the tree might be the bare tree which is on my to get list?

B x
Pauline C said…
Stunning Lynn .. gorgeous. Wow I have so much to learn about distress backgrounds to get to this level
Pauline x
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Lynn what can I say except MAGIC the whole scene you have created looks truly wonderful and mystical, I love the background the colour is fabulous. Thank you for relating your story Lynn people have been so kind, unfortunately at the moment my brain will not switch off and I keep getting replays I just can't seem to get on with my normal stuff at the moment, this is why I refuse to watch any programme or film with animals in especially if I think they are going to get hurt, am I silly.......I just love animals. Take care
Hugs
lorraine x
Oh, how fabulous and magical card! You created a perfect fairy scene in the meadow! Love the brushos details!!
HilaryJane said…
Oh Lynn, this is just stunning. Your background is amazing and is only enhanced by your stamping, so clever and yes truly magical xx
Vee Cassidy said…
This is stunning, an amazing background and
I love that washing line. Great how you used it in different ways, I love stamps like that. Vee xx