Leaf print

 


I was inspired to make this card by the challenge at CAS mix up card challenge.


Not too many leaves have fallen yet in my garden but I managed to find a couple to play with.
I decided to follow the Heather Telford tutorial that CAS mix up card challenge shared. I made a few prints with acrylic paints and gelli plates and then decided to try brushos. As is often the case this print is actually taken off my craft mat before I cleared away. I had some brushos on the mat and I sprayed them and rolled my brayer over. Then I put the leaf into it and made the print. I really like the way it looks like the leaf is blowing apart.

My sentiment is one of my favourite ones and is from an old Crafter's Companion autumn stamp set.

The card also fits the challenge at Country View challenge for Autumn colours/and or Halloween. So I am going to enter there. I will probably be back with another make as I did make quite a few prints!

Comments

brenda said…
Not many leaves fallen here either Lynn, too much rain keeping them green. Lovely Autumnal feel to your card though.

B x
Crafting Queen said…
Really beautiful card. Love the colours. Anesha
HilaryJane said…
So lovely to see you in the CAS Mix Up gallery with this beauty. Your leaf print is pretty special and I love the way it seems to be blowing apart too. Great frame too xx
Susan (rainy) said…
Oh this is exquisite.. a beautiful work of art. Absolutely LOVE it.
WOW!! LOVE the result of your gelli plus brushos!!! Really impressive leaf and beautiful warm colours. Your card is so striking!
Also here in my zone of Italy the leaves are on the trees... The sun is warm and not too much autumnal weather for now.
Bonnie said…
Beautiful colors and a fantastic technique, Linby! So artsy and fun! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!
Vee Cassidy said…
So many fallen here and loads more just waiting:) This works beautifully. Vee xx
Susan Joyce said…
Very creative take on the CAS Mix Up challenge this month Linby, looks amazing. Thanks for joining us!
Corrie Herriman said…
Lovely card ! Thank you so much for your contribution to my challenge “autumnal colours/Halloween” over at Country View Challenges! Corrie x
Loll said…
Your card is AMAZING, Linby! LOVE the beautiful leaf print with the powdered inks. I agree with you, the leaf looks as though it is exploding with colour. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
A very simple card which has a huge affect. Love it. It’s so difficult to achieve the simple look well done thanks for playing along with us at Country View Crafts hugs Debs
rachel said…
Fabulous autumnal make! Its so delicate! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs Rachel xx