Week 644 'I love...' At allsorts

 

It's my turn to host the challenge over at Allsorts challenge this week. I've chosen the theme of "I love...". 

I love typewriters. I have so many dies and stamps of typewriters. Also I have this poster on the wall above the PC. It's actually a piece of wrapping paper, but as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to frame it. Brings back so many memories of learning to type all those years ago, and a skill that serves me well to this day.


also I have typewriter jewellery and some made with old typewriter keys too

So you see I really do love typewriters!

For my DT card I chose to use the typewriter in my Lawn Fawn set.  I love this sentiment that you can put on a pull out, which you can see below.


I kept the design fairly simple using the dies to cut out the elements from the set (and a mug from a sizzix set!). I finished it off with a little hand drawn border.

This week we have two prizes. £15 to spend at 
Helping Hands Craft is a UK retailer of craft and art supplies.  Established by keen amateur artist and mother of two, Emma, the website offers a range of over 2,000 arts and crafts products from modelling clay, pencils, pains, paper, easels...the works!  The website is constantly adding to its product lines, and recently was accepted as an official licensed retailer of Faber Castell products.

and this die ...

Tim Holt On the Edge Pennants

Hoping to see lots of you join us at Allsorts this week and I will be along to visit you.

Comments

brenda said…
I had no idea about that Lynn although I do recall years ago you saying you were having problems getting hold of a PB stamp with a Mouse or maybe it was a Hedgie and typewriter. Now I know why!

B x
Sarn said…
Cute card! Great idea for the message pull-out too!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Lynn what a cute fun card you have created I love it
hugs
lorraine x
Pauline C said…
Oh this is so cute and fun Lynn .. love the pull out! Great theme this week
Pauline x
A fabulous card and always a winner in my book when it's an interactive one too. Thanks for a great theme.
Lorraine
Absolutely LOVE this card, the message is great before and after, when pulled out. I love typewriters too, maybe not as much as you! A Super design Lynn.
Faith x
Ellibelle said…
This is really cute, Lynn! Love the colors you used and how fun that it's interactive too!
Great idea to frame the typewriter wrapping paper, makes for a really fun wall decoration in the office/craft room!

Today's kids are surely missing out on learning how to type on a typewriter, it's just not the same doing it on the computer :) I still have my old typewriter in my old childhood/teen home back in Germany but it wasn't quite as old as those pictured.
HilaryJane said…
What a great and unusual love to have and typing is such a good skill to have. I can remember trying to teach myself on an old typewriter that my father brought home. I never succeeded and never had proper lessons, so it is still 2 fingers for me. I often wish I had learnt properly, so well done you. Love your card, really clever. Have you seen this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-58753599 If you haven't it will blow you away xx
Wendy L said…
Super card, such fun, xxx
Mervi said…
Fabulous card, cute design;-))m
Tracy said…
I love this Lynn, it's really cute. love the addition of the pull out strip.
Happy crating
Tracy x