Week 647 - Anything Goes with option Vintage at Allsorts challenge

 


Mervi is our host at Allsorts challenge this week. She has chosen the theme of  Anything Goes with a Vintage option. 

I've gone for the vintage option for my DT card using the hydrangea digi from Ruth Hamilton Design.

I printed out the digi and then used various shades of DI ink over the top and then a little faux bleaching. As hydrangeas are rarely one shade of colour this was my way of showing that. I used an old Spellbinder die and cut out the aperture using another one from the set for a vintage feel. I used an embossing folder and inked the edges adding some ribbon for the background. Another spellbinder die for the sentiment and some butterflies. A tiny bit of the was from the sentiment die was used on the corners.

We have two winners this week who will receive either this Indigo Blu Stamp

Indigo Blu Rose Blush stamp

or a choice of digis from


Ruth Hamilton Design: I have enjoyed crafting all my life and have been involved in the craft industry for several years. I started drawing images to use on cards for my own use and then went on to design some stamps for a well known craft company.I am an avid lover of nature so most of my drawings are of flowers, birds and animals. Even when I can’t travel I love spending time in the garden, growing plants and looking after them. I hope you enjoy colouring my digi images, I have several YouTube vidoes here.

I'm also entering this card into the current Anything Goes #71 challenge at CD Sunday plus. I used a digi from Ruth Hamilton Design.


Comments

brenda said…
All the interest and elements come together beautifully on this one Lynn.

B x
Pamela said…
The colour of the flowers is great - well worth the effort.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
Wendy L said…
Looks fab and a great way to colour the hydrangea, xxx
Carol said…
You have achieved a wonderful effect with your colouring and 'bleaching'. thank you for sharing with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT
Pauline C said…
Love the soft effect of the DI’s and bleaching on this .. so pretty.
Pauline x
Your hydrangea is just gorgeous Lynn, I love the mix and teh design of this beautiful card.
Faith x
Ellibelle said…
Really beautiful, Lynn. Great way to add color to the hydrangea!
Mervi said…
Stunning card Lynn, love the colour shades, thanks;-))m
Sarn said…
What a pretty card Lynn.
Love the colours and embellishments.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
coldwaters2 said…
This is so beautiful Lynn the colours of the Hydrangea are perfect, I love the die cut frame and the soft look of the colours this is wonderful
hugs
lolo x
HilaryJane said…
Hydrangeas are one of my favourite flowers, I love how you have made this one look so soft and dreamy, because that's how they are. Great framing and I love all the extra little details xx
A beautiful, vintage card Lynn, lovely colours and design.
Thanks for the birthday wishes too.
Lorraine
Tracy said…
This is a really pretty creation Lynn.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Such beautiful card! Your colours choice is really effective and so sweet, love especially the vibrancy of the Hydrangea! There is a lot to see here! Beautiful embossed background with the ribbon addition, elegant frame and banner, sweet butterflies! A very feminine and delicate creation!