Using up snippets

 


I've always donated the spare cards I make to charity, but with the pandemic I had rather a lot and the shops were still shut. I contacted the local food bank and they were more than happy to take cards, so that is what I have been doing with them lately.

Driven by a need to have more space in the craft room and use up stuff I've made a load of cards this week just for the food bank. I have a few card kits and I don't really use them, so I decided it was time to get them made up to help those that do need them.


In the process of making the card kits I have also used up snippets from other card kits and some card blanks that were part of a kit once upon a time too. This card is a combination of kits and snippets. The one below is from the same kit.


I'm feeling rather accomplished at all the cards I've managed to make. A pile of stuff all transformed into cards for those that can use them. All my little snippets of mirri card have come in so handy this week to die cut sentiments for the other cards I made.

I'm popping over to the snippet playground at Miss Di's blog Pixies Crafty Workshop.

Comments

How very kind and thoughtful of you Lynn and I’m sure that your lovely cards will be very much appreciated x
KarinsArtScrap said…
what great and beautiful cards Lynn
Gr Karin
Vee Cassidy said…
These are beautiful and great to use up extras etc. Veexx
Sarn said…
What an excellent idea and definitely one to bear in mind as a place to take surplus cards. Really nice looking kit/snippets cards & sure to be really well received.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
brenda said…
As Sarn said, what an excellent idea. I had the same problem with a backup of cards although did eventually get some to the RSPCA and Sally Army last month. But will defo contact our local food bank.

B x
Wow, two very classy and wonderful cards, Lunn!! Love so much both the designs with the diecuts and papers you used!
Great idea giving your cards to the food bank!
Hugs
Di said…
Gorgeous cards Lynn and what a super idea to donate them to a local food bank. I hope to be finding more time for card making once Christmas is over and certainly will bear that in mind!

Hugs

Di xx