Christmas snippets

I had my covid booster jab yesterday and was unsure how I would feel. But having dosed myself up beforehand I just felt a bit off and the perfect distraction was making this Christmas card for Miss Di and her Snippet challenge at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

It's not my idea, I have adapted it from one that Maxine from Maximum crafts showed us on You tube in the summer, that's how long I have been meaning to get around to doing this card!

I have had these snippets of SU paper for some years now - one or two escaped as you can see in the photo below. I made mine a square card as my snippets were too small for a rectangle base.



The sentiment stamped in the middle is on separate piece of card so that you have something to "butt" up against so to speak as you begin.

I'm also entering this card into the Country View challenge - Christmas. anything goes.

When it came to finishing the card I only needed to snip of the overlapping pieces, but I had an idea to cut it out with a die and left myself with this little snippet frame.

I pondered putting this around the original design and putting the centre onto pads, but in the end this idea won the day. More snippets used too.




Comments

Sarn said…
What a great use of your snippets Lynn. And you got two cards from the original idea - top marks!!! Lovely festive card.

Bit early for mulled wine- but is it ever too early for a mince pie??? They’re not JUST for breakfast!!!!I think you might need fortifying after the booster. Look forward to seeing you up in the Treehouse for festive fun.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
gorgeous cards you have made Lynn
Gr Karin
Pauline C said…
Brilliant use of snippets Lynn .. both cards are ace … even better how you managed to make a frame out of the leftovers .. genius! Glad you’re ok after your booster .. luckily I was fine after mine though my husband felt a bit ropey the next day after his. Glad we’ve got them though now that mile long queues are forming for them in the new accelerated programme!! xx
Wendy L said…
Great way to use papers it looks great, xxx
Vee Cassidy said…
Great cards and fun idea. Vee xx
brenda said…
Great and such effective use of snippets Lynn.

B x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two fantastic cards Lynn and all from off cuts. Looks really gorgeous.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Vicky Hayes said…
Two snippetty cards for the price of one Lynn - a bargain!! They are both lovely - and inspiring as I still have tiny bits of those designs in my paper drawer! Vicky x
HilaryJane said…
Love that effect and how wonderful to use some snippets that have been lying around for so long. Wonderful use of your left over frame too xx
Di said…
Wow! i thought the first card was very clever and then saw what you did with the outer frame! Fabulous work on both cards.

Hugs

Di
xx
Suzanne H said…
I've hopped over from Pixie's to see your card up close. Clever to get two cards from one set of snippets. I love the quilted look of the first card. Beautiful die cuts and designs.
Love your use of snippets, great quilted card with beautiful papers!! And well done on using the leftover to make a frame for the second card!
Hugs and Merry Christmas!
Such a beautiful card! I love how you used up those snippets, the design is amazing 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs Jo x